Tamas Rada Petrovic, D.V.M., M.Sc. PhD
Head of Research Division of Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”
President of the Scientific Council of the Institute
Head of Virology Department
Phone: 021 4895 321 / mob. 064 818 5410
Scopus Author ID: 7003451799
ORCID iD: 0000-0002-9164-3356
APVNT No: 1634
ID in Minsitry of Science (MESTD) of Serbia: 132390
Scientific field: Microbiology – virology and infectious diseases
Field of expertise: virology, molecular virology, vet epidemiology, vector-borne disease and zoonozes
Born: 1969, Becej, Republic of Serbia
Education: Graduated at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, 1997, average grade: 9.03. Master thesis under the title “Investigating prevalence of infection caused by bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) in breeding cattle” in the field of contagious diseases and zoonosis defended on the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade in 2002. Doctoral dissertation under the title “Identification and genetic analysis of bovine viral diarrhea virus isolates on the territory of Republic of Serbia” in the field of contagious diseases and zoonosis defended on the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade in 2006.
- 1998 Research Trainee
- 2002 Research Assistant
- 2007 Research Associate
- 2011 Senior Research Associate
- 2016 Principal Research Fellow
Scientific and Research Work:
- Basic Research interest:
Veterinary virology, food and environmental virology, vector-borne infections, vaccine laboratory and clinical trials as well as prevention, diagnostic, control and eradication of contagious diseases and zoonosis.
- Main working and research activities:
- detection of animal viral diseases by classical laboratory methods (virus isolation, VN, ELISA, IH, AGID);
- propagation and grow of tissue cultures;
- detection of viruses by molecular diagnostic tests (PCR, RT-PCR, real-time PCR);
- prevention, control and eradication of contagious animal viral diseases and zoonosis;
- vaccine laboratory and clinical trials (including testing of potency, safety and sterility);
- detection of viruses in environment (environmental virology), in vectors and in wild animals,
- detection of viruses in food;
- molecular characterization of the viruses detected in animals, vectors, environment and food.
Published over 400 research and professional publications.
- International projects:
Participating in 11 international projects:
- “A European Network for Environmental and Food Virology – ENVIRONET” (COST Action from November 2006 – November 2010). MC member and WGs member. Web page: cost929-environet.org
- Integrated Monitoring and Control of Foodborne Viruses in European Food Supply Chains – VITAL (Grant agreement no.: 213178; FP7 collaborative project; from April 2008 – April 2011). Coordinator of the Serbian research team. Web page: http://eurovital.csl.gov.uk/
- „Understanding and combating porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome in Europe“ (COST FA0902 Action); Coordinator: dr Tahar Ait-Ali, University of Edinburgh, Roslin Institute, UK; (2009-2013). MC member and WGs member. Web page: europrrs.net
- “Flavirus Cross-Protection” – transnational access users short FP7 research project under Research Infrastructures action, grant agreement No. FP7-228394 (NADIR project); User & Coordinator: dr Tamas Petrovic, Scientific Veterinary Institute „Novi Sad“, Novi Sad, Serbia. Web page: http://www.nadir-project.eu/nadir_project
- „Towards Control of Avian Coronaviruses: Strategies for Diagnosis, Surveillance and Vaccination“ (COST Action FA1207); Coordinator: Dr Paul Britton, The Pirbright Institute, UK; (2013-2017). MC member and WGs member. Web page: http://www.cost.eu/domains_actions/fa/Actions/FA1207
- „European Network for Neglected Vectors and Vector-Borne Infections (EURNEGVEC)” (COST Action TD1303); Coordinator: Dr Andrei Mihalca, Universitatea de Stiinte Agricole si Medicina Veterinara Cluj-Napoca, Romania; (2013-2017). MC substitute member and WG member Web page: http://www.cost.eu/TD1303 ; http://www.eurnegvec.org
- “A European Network for Foodborne Parasites (Euro-FBP)” (COST Action FA1408); Coordinator: prof Lucy Robertson, Norges Miljo-Og Biovitenskaplige Universitet, Parasitology, Food Safety and Infection Biology, NMBU-Adamstuen CampusN-0033 Oslo, Norway (2015 – 2019). MC member and WGs member Web page: http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/fa/Actions/FA1408
- „Surveillance of invasive and native mosquito vectors and pathogens they transmit in Montenegro (LOVĆEN)“; HERIC project, Ministry of Science, Montenegro. Coordinator dr Igor Pajović, Biotechnical Faculty, Podgorica, Montenegro (2014 – 2016). External expert. http://www.heric.me/en/grant-lovcen/grant-lovcen ; http://project-lovcen.me/index.php
- „Understanding and combating African Swine Fever in Europe (ASF-STOP)“ (COST Action CA15116); Coordinator dr Dolores Gavier Widen, National Veterinary Institute, Uppsala Sweden (2016 –2020). MC member and WGs member. http://asf-stop.com/
- „Aedes Invasive Moquitoes (AIM)“ (COST Action CA17108); Coordinator dr Alessandra de la Torre, ISS, Rome, Italy, (2018 –2022 MC member and WGs member. Web page: http://www.aedescost.eu/
- ”Addressing the dual emerging threats of African Swine Fever and Lumpy Skin Disease in Europe (DEFEND)”, 2018 – 2023). Coordinator of the Serbian research team. https://defend2020.eu/about-us/our-partners/ ;
- “One health network for the prevention of vector-borne diseases around the Mediterranean and Sahel regions – MediLabSecure”. Extended realization 2018 – 2022. Since 2020, he has been participating as an additional researcher on the project. Project leader: Dr. Fanny Cherblanc, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France;
- “Protect Wild Birds = Protect Habitats = Protect Humans” (“BirdPROTECT”). IPA cross-border project Serbia – Hungary. Realization period 2020 – 2022. Researcher on the project;
- “EarlY WARning System of Vector-borne diseases” (EYWA). Call H2020-Epidemics-EICPrize-2020. Coordinator in front of the team of the Scientific Institute for Veterinary Medicine Novi Sad. The project leader is Dr. Charalampos (Haris) Kontoes, National Observatory of Athens, Greece;
- European Swine Influenza Network (ESFLU) (COST Action CA21132). A coordinator has not yet been selected. Implementation period 2022 – 2026. Participates in the work of working groups. https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA21132/
- Bilateral projects:
Coordinated 4 and participated in 5 bilateral projects:
- Harmonization and development of molecular methods for detection and characterization of some economically important animal viruses, Project No. 36, 2010-2011, conducted with NVI, Veterinary faculty, Ljubljana, Slovenia. Coordinator dr Tamas Petrovic
- Assessment of zoonotic viral activity in Serbia, Project No. 5, 2011-2012, conducted with Department of biotechnology, Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Tecnología Agraria y Alimentaria (INIA), Madrid, Spain. Coordinator dr Tamas Petrovic
- Detection and characterization of avian and other animal influenza viruses and avian paramyxoviruses – molecular methods harmonization and standardization, Project No. 69-00-80/2010-02, 2011-2012, conducted with Poultry Centre, Croatian Veterinary Institute, Zagreb, Croatia. Coordinator dr Sava Lazic.
- Schmallenberg virus emergence in Portugal and Serbia – SBVEPS, Project No: 451-03-1924/2016-09/10; 2018-2019. Project partner is Escola Superior Agrária – Instituto Politécnico de Viseu, Portugal. Coordinator dr Tamas Petrovic
- Development and standardization of diagnostic tests for detection of Lumpy skin disease, testing of the duration of maternal immunity and determination of the right time for vaccination of young animals. Project No: 451-03-02141/2017-09/07; 2018-2020. Project partner is Institut für veterinärmedizinische Untersuchungen (AGES), Medling, Vienna, Austria. Coordinator dr Tamas Petrovic
- Optimization of diagnostics, surveillance systems and research of molecular epidemiology of emergent and reemergent viral zoonoses transmitted by vectors. Project No: 337-00-205/2019-09/31; 2019-2021. Project partner is Veterinary Faculty, University of Zagreb, Croatia and Institute of Public Health of Croatia, Zagreb, Croatia. Coordinator dr Tamas Petrovic
- National projects:
Participated in 20 national scientific and research projects:
- Projects of Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia
- Wild animal health monitoring and introduction of new biotechnology procedures in detection of infectious and zoonotic agents – risk analysis for human health, domestic and wild animal health and for environmental contamination; Project No: TR31084; Coordinator dr Tamas Petrovic (2011-2016).
- Biotechnology procedures in diagnostics of viral and bacterial infections, microbiological food contaminants and biological products in veterinary medicine Project No; 20115; Coordinator dr Sava Lazic (2008 – 2011).
- Pathology and detection of current animal diseases that could endanger public health; Project No ТR-20117; Coordinator dr Dusan Orlic (2008 – 2011).
- Development of technology procedures for establishment of the collection of pathogen microorganisms from animals and their isolation, typization, attestation and standardization Project No; ТR-6860B; Coordinator dr Sava Lazic (2005 – 2007).
- Development of technology procedures and programs for detection and control of contagious diseases of cattle, sheep and pigs; Project No ТR-6862B; Coordinator dr Branka Vidic (2005 – 2007).
- Technology procedures for control and eradication of bovine infective rhinotracheitis and contagious chicken anemia; Project No; BTR.5.05.4331.B; Coordinator dr Sava Lazic (2001 – 2004)
- Investigations in order to make improvement and protection of animal health and reproduction, safety of food of animal origin and feed safety – 12М15 (1996 – 2000).
- Project of Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management – Veterinary Directorate
- Estimation of the prevalence of BVDV infection in dairy cattle on Southern Backa and Srem district and determination of present virus types and subtypes; Contract No: 401-00-13672/2006-05; Coordinator dr Tamas Petrovic (2006 – 2007)
- The prevalence and significance of circovirus infection in swine population in Vojvodina region; Contract No: 401-00-06731/2005-05; Coordinator MSc Radoslav Dosen (2006 – 2007)
- Epizootiology study, veterinary and selection control of boars for artificial insemination in reproductive centers and harmonization of clinical and laboratory practice with the EU countries; Contract No: 401-00-06729/2005-05; Coordinator dr Milovan Jovicin (2006 – 2007)
- Development and application of the program for eradication of bovine herpes virus type 1 infection; Contract No: 401-00-13687/2006-05; Coordinator dr Sava Lazic (2006 – 2007)
- The evaluation of vaccine efficiency against classical swine fever in controlled conditions; Contract No: 401-00-13700/2006-05; Coordinator dr Dragica Stojanovic (2006 – 2007)
- Estimation of the prevalence and health importance of equine arthritis, equine herpesvirus and equine infectious anemia; Contract No: 401-00-13685/2006-05; Coordinator dr Sava Lazic (2006 – 2007)
- The importance of avian influenza serology monitoring for prevention of the outbreaks and spread of the infection caused by highly pathogen avian influenza (HPAI) strains; Contract No: 401-00-13684/2006-05; Coordinator dr Dusan Orlic (2006 – 2007)
- Improvement of diagnostic procedures for detection of avian influenza and implementation of disease monitoring in Republic of Serbia on epizootiology area 1, 2, 3 and 11; Contract No: 401-00-06686/2005-05; Coordinator dr Dusan Orlic (2005 – 2006)
- Evaluation of the influence of swine viral infection on the occurrences of pneumonia caused by other etiological agents (Mycoplasma spp., Actinobacillus sp.); Contract No: 401-00-13699//2006-05; Coordinator MSc Radoslav Dosen (2006 – 2007)
- Project of Provincial Secretary for Science and Technological Development
- Development of a strategy for the prevention of the spread of African swine fever and solutions for mitigating the consequences of the disruption of the sustainable development of pig farming and the negative socio-economic impact on the economic development of Vojvodina. Contract number: 142-451-2586/2021; Project manager Dr. Vladimir Polacek (Long-term project 2021-2024)
- Determination of the presence of enteric viruses of animal and human origin and SARS-CoV-2 virus in surface and waste water in the area of Vojvodina – pilot project. Contract number: 142-451-3200/2020-03; Project manager Dr. Gospava Lazić (short-term project 2020-2021)
- Typing of Avian and other Influenza Viruses by using Molecular Diagnostic Techniques; Contract No: 114-451-01542/2005-01; 114-451-02055/2006-01 and 114-451-001486/2007-02; Coordinator dr Sava Lazic; (2005-2006; 2006-2007; 2007 – 2008)
- Analysis of the implementation of control and eradication program of herpesvirus infection in breeding cattle herds; Contract No: 114-451-00960/2006-01; Coordinator dr Sava Lazic; (2007 – 2008)
- Development of the Programme for Prevention and Eradication of Herpesvirus Infection in Cattle Breeding Herds; Contract No: 114-451-00555/2005-01; Coordinator dr Sava Lazic; (2005-2006)
- The Project for Development and Improvement of Assembly Line Production of Fetal Calf Sera and Primary Cell Cultures According to the ATCC Standards; Contract No: 114-451-00809/2005-01; Coordinator dr Sava Lazic; (2005-2006)
- Training in molecular diagnostic technique
- Department of Virology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ljubljana, Slovenia in 2002, 2004 and 2006;
- Veterinary Science Division, DARDNI, Belfast, Northern Ireland, in 2003 under Reform of the Food Chain Laboratories (RFL) project;
- Virology laboratory VDL, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ames, Iowa, USA in 2006 and
- University of Veterinary Medicine, Kosice, Slovakia in 2007.
- Active participation in High Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) Diagnostic Training Course held on 15-19 May 2006 under organization of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Training in classical and molecular virology techniques for detection and characterization of environmental and food viruses held between 25th of May and 8th of June 2007 in National Institute of Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), Bilthoven, The Netherlands
- FAO workshop “Laboratory Diagnosis of HPAI” held in Kraljevo Veterinary Institute, Kraljevo, Serbia (November 27-29, 2007)
- Active participation in Middle European training course: Application of molecular-genetic methods in veterinary diagnostic virology, held between 27th and 29th of May 2008 in Kosice, Slovak Republic, under organization of European Society of Veterinary Virology (ESVV) and Veterinary University of Kisice.
- PRRS Diagnostic Training School held in Zagreb, Croatia, 24 – 25 September 2012 under organization of COST FA0902 EuroPRRSnet project and Veterinary Institute Croatia.
- European Regional Training Course on “The Rapid and Confirmatory Diagnosis of Avian Influenza H7N9”, Vienna, Austria, 19-30 August 2013, under organization of the Joint FAO/IAEA Division for Nuclear Applications in Food and Agriculture, Vienna, Austria
- Active participation in PREDEMICS training course: Workshop on zoonotic features of viral infections: from the animal reservoir to pandemic emergence, held April 8th – 11th, 2014 in the National Institute for Infectious Diseases “L. Spallanzani” – Rome, Italy.
- Regional Training Course on “The nuclear and nuclear related techniques for early and rapid detection and confirmation of pox virus infection in animals”, Vienna, Austria, 15-19 August 2016, under organization of the Joint FAO/IAEA Division for Nuclear Applications in Food and Agriculture, Vienna, Austria.
- “Regional Workshop on Detection and Differentiation of Priority Vector Borne Disease (VBD) Pathogens in Animals and Animal Vectors (RER/5/023-EVT1802792)”, Lisbon, Portugal, from 06 to 12 of October 2018, under organization of the“Joint FAO/IAEA Division for Nuclear Applications in Food and Agriculture”, Vienna, Austria.
- “Regional Training Course on Advanced Techniques for Detection and Differentiation of Priority Vector Borne Diseases in Animals and Animal Vectors (TN-RER5023-1803021)”, Sarajevo, B&H, from 12 to 23 of November 2018, under organization of the“Joint FAO/IAEA Division for Nuclear Applications in Food and Agriculture”, Vienna, Austria.
- Since 1997 Laboratory for Virology, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Novi Sad
Expert and reviewer:
- Expert in the field of veterinary virology
- Expert in the field of veterinary molecular virology
- Expert in the field of veterinary vaccinology
- Editorial board member and reviewer of the international journal “Food and Environmental Virology”
- Editorial board member and reviewer of the international journal “Acta Veterinaria, Belgrade”
- Reviewer of the international journals “Vaccine” „Virus Research“ and in “Journal of Infectious Diseases in Developing Countries”
- Member of the ESF Pool of Peer Reviewers for research projects
- Reviewer of the Spanish national RTD projects (reviewer for ANEP – Spanish institution that manages the peer review assessment process for the evaluation of RTD grant applications submitted to the Spanish funding organizations
Participation at the Scientific Symposia:
- 27 international symposia
- 39 national symposia
Membership in Scientific and Professional Associations:
- Serbian Veterinary Association
- International Veterinary Biosafety Workgroup
- Society of Serbian Microbiologists
- European Society of Veterinary Virologist (ESVV) – Board member from 2015
- President of the Section for zoonoses of Serbian Veterinary Assotiation
- Academy of Veterinary Medicine of Serbia from 2014
- Principal Research Fellow, Director deputy for research, President of Research Concile of the Institute, Head of the Department of Virology, and national, bilateral and international scientific projects leader
Current Work Contact Details:
Tamas Petrovic, D.V.M. M.Sc. Ph.D.
Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”
Rumenacki put 20
21000 Novi Sad
Fax: + 381 21 518 544
Phone: + 381 21 4895 321;
- Vasić Ana, Raileanu Cristian, Körsten Christin, Vojinović Dragica, Manić Marija, Urošević Aleksandar, Nikolić Nataša, Dulović Olga, Birke Andrea Tews, Petrović Tamaš, Silaghi Cornelia, Valcić Miroslav, Gligić Ana: West Nile virus in the Republic of Serbia—Diagnostic performance of five serological tests in dog and horse sera. Transboundary and emerging diseases, ISSN 1865-1674, 2022 (eng), M21a 10,0, doi:10.1111/tbed.14593
- Petrović Tamaš, Šekler Milanko, Petrić Dušan, Vidanović Dejan, Debeljak Zoran, Lazić Gospava, Lupulović Diana, Kavran Mihaela, Samojlović Milena, Ignjatović Ćupina Aleksandra, Tešović Bojana, Lazić Sava, Kolarević Mišo, Labus Tatjana, Đurić Bojan: Intensive West Nile Virus Circulation in Serbia in 2018 — Results of Integrated Surveillance Program. Pathogens, ISSN 2076-0817, 10, 1294, 2021 (eng), M22 5,0, doi:10.3390/pathogens10101294
- Vidanović Dejan, Tešović Bojana, Volkening Jeremy D, Afonso Claudio L, Quick Joshua, Šekler Milanko, Knežević Aleksandra, Janković Marko, Jovanović Tanja, Petrović Tamaš, Banović Đeri Bojana: First whole genome analysis of the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) obtained from COVID-19 patients from five districts in Western Serbia. Epidemiology and Infection, ISSN 0950-2688, 2021 (eng), M22 5,0, doi:10.1017/S095026882100220X
- Vidanović Dejan, Tešović Bojana, Šekler Milanko, Debeljak Zoran, Vasković Nikola, Matović Kazimir, Koltsov Andrey, Krstevski Kiril, Petrović Tamaš, De Leeuw Ilse, Haegeman Andy: Validation of TaqMan-Based Assays for Specific Detection and Differentiation of Wild-Type and Neethling Vaccine Strains of LSDV. Microorganisms, ISSN 2076-2607, 9, 6, 1234, 2021 (eng), M21 8,0, doi:10.3390/microorganisms9061234
- Nešković Milijana, Ristić Bojan, Došenović Rade, Grubač Siniša, Petrović Tamaš, Prodanov-Radulović Jasna, Polaček Vladimir: African swine fever outbreak investigation on large commercial pig farm in Serbia. Acta veterinaria 71, 2, 219-229, 2021 (eng), M23 3,0, doi:10.2478/acve-2021-0019
- Radojičić Sonja, Živulj Aleksandar, Petrović Tamaš, Nišavić Jakov, Milićević Vesna, Sipetić-Grujičić Sandra, Mišić Dušan, Korzeniowska Malgorzata, Stanojević Slavoljub: Spatiotemporal Analysis of West Nile Virus Epidemic in South Banat District, Serbia, 2017–2019. Animals, ISSN 2076-2615, 11, 2951, 2021 (eng), M21 8,0, doi:10.3390/ani11102951
- Mihailović Dragutin, Petrić Dušan, Petrović Tamaš, Hrnjaković-Cvjetković Ivana, Đurđević Vladimir, Nikolić-Đorić Emilija, Arsenić Ilija, Petrić Mina, Mimić Gordan, Ignjatović-Ćupina Aleksandra: Assessment of climate change impact on the malaria vector Anopheles hyrcanus, West Nile disease, and incidence of melanoma in the Vojvodina Province (Serbia) using data from a regional climate model. PLoS ONE, ISSN 1932-6203, 15, 1, e0227679, 2020 (eng), M21 8,0, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0227679, TR31084
- Vilibic-Cavlek Tatjana, Savić Vladimir, Petrović Tamaš, Toplak Ivan, Barbić Ljubo, Petrić Dušan, Tabain Irena, Hrnjaković-Cvjetković Ivana, Bogdanić Maja, Klobučar Ana, Mrzljak Anna, Stevanović Vladimir, Dinjar-Kujundžić Petra, Radmanić Luka, Monaco Federica, Listes Eddy, Savini Giovanni: Emerging trends in the epidemiology of West Nile and Usutu virus infections in Southern Europe. Frontiers in veterinary science, ISSN 2296-1769, 6:437, 2019 (eng) article, 2019 (eng), M21 8,0, doi: 10.3389/fvets.2019.00437, TR31084
- Haegeman Andy, De Vleeschauwer Annebel, De Leeuw Ilse, Vidanović Dejan, Šekler Milanko, Petrović Tamaš, Demarez Céline, Lefebvre David, De Clercq Kris: Overview of diagnostic tools for Capripox virus infections. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, ISSN 0167-5877, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prevetmed.2019.104704
- Manić Marija, Stojiljković Marko, Petrović Miloš, Nišavić Jakov, Bacić Dragan, Petrović Tamaš, Vidanović Dejan, Obrenović Sonja: Epizootic features and control measures for Lumpy skin disease in South-East Serbia in 2016. Transboundary and emerging diseases, ISSN 1865-1674, 2019, doi:10.1111/tbed.13261
- Milojević Lazar, Velebit Branko, Teodorović Vlado, Kirbiš Andrej, Petrović Tamaš, Karabasil Neđeljko, Dimitrijević Mirjana: Screening and Molecular Characterization of Hepatitis E Virus in Slaughter Pigs in Serbia. Food and Environmental Virology 11, ISSN 1867-0334, 410–419, 2019, DOI 10.1007/s12560-019-09393-1
- Samojlović Milena, Polaček Vladimir, Gurjanov Vladimir, Lupulović Diana, Lazić Gospava, Petrović Tamaš, Lazić Sava: Detection of antibodies against lumpy skin disease virus by virus neutralization test and ELISA methods Acta veterinaria, ISSN 0567-8315, 69, 1, 47-60, 2019, DOI: 10.2478/acve-2019-0003
- Biljana Božić, Ivana Vučićević, Vladimir Polaček, Nikola Vasković, Tamaš Petrović, Marko Pajić, Sanja Aleksić-Kovačević: Comparative pathological findings in mute swans (Cygnus olor) naturally infected with highly pathogenic Avian influenza viruses H5N1 and H5N8 in Serbia. Veterinaria Italiana, 2019. 55 (1), 95-101. doi: 10.12834/VetIt.1463.7919.2
- Petrović T., Šekler M., Petrić D., Lazić S., Debeljak Z., Vidanović D., Ignjatović Ćupina A., Lazić G., Lupulović D., Kolarević M., Plavšić B.: Methodology and results of integrated WNV surveillance programmes in Serbia. PLoS ONE 13(4): e0195439. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0195439
- Klement E, Broglia A, Antoniou S-E, Tsiamadis V, Plevraki E, Petrović T, Polaček V, Debeljak Z, Miteva A, Alexandrov T, Marojevic D, Pite L, Kondratenko V, Atanasov Z, Gubbins S, Stegeman A, Abrahantes J.C.. Neethling vaccine proved highly effective in controlling lumpy skin disease epidemics in the Balkans, Preventive Veterinary Medicine (2018), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prevetmed.2018.12.001
- Esteves F., Cruz R., Vasconcelos‐Nóbrega C., Santos C., Ferreira A.S., Petrović T., Cardoso L., Coelho A.C., Vala H., Nascimento M.S.J., Mesquita J.R.: Serologic evidence for Schmallenberg virus circulation at high altitude, Central Portugal, 2015–2016. Transboundary and emerging diseases, 2018; 00:1-4. https://doi.org/10.1111/tbed.12899
- Balka Gy, Podgórska K, Singh Brar M, Bálint A, Cadar D, Celer V, Dénes L, Dirbakova Z, Jedryczko A, Márton L, Novosel D, Petrović T, Sirakov I, Szalay D, Toplak I, Chi-Ching Leung F, Stadejek T.: Genetic diversity of PRRSV 1 in Central Eastern Europe in 1994–2014: origin and evolution of the virus in the region. Scientific reports, 8, 1, 7811, 2018. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-26036-w.pdf
- Petrović Т, Kuhar U, Lazić S, Prodanov‑Radulović J, Lupulović D, Lazić G, Toplak I. Complete genome sequences of two strains of classical swine fever virus of subgenotype 2.3 detected during outbreaks in 2005 and 2006 in Serbia. Archives of Virology 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00705-018-4085-2
- Potkonjak A., Petrović T., Ristanović E., Lalić I., Vračar V., Savić S., Turkulov V., Čanak G., Milošević V., Vidanović D., Jurišić A., Petrović A., Petrović V.: Molecular Detection and Serological Evidence of Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus in Serbia. Vector-borne and zoonotic diseases, ISSN 1530-3667, 17, 12, 813-820, 2017.
- Toplak I., Petrovic T., Vidanovic D., Lazic S., Šekler M., Manic M., Petrovic M., Kuhar U.: Complete Genome Sequence of Lumpy Skin Disease Virus Isolate SERBIA/Bujanovac/2016, Detected during an Outbreak in the Balkan Area, Genome Announcements (American Society for Microbiology), 5, 35, 1-2, 2017.
- Kokkinos P., Kozyra I., Lazić S., Soderberg K., Vasickov P., Bouwknegt M., Rutjes S., Willems K., Moloney R., Roda Husman A., Kaupke A., Legaki E., Agostino M., Cook N., Bonsdorff C., Rzezutka A., Petrović T., Maunula L., Pavlik I., Vantarakis A.: Virological Quality of Irrigation Water in Leafy Green Vegetables and Berry Fruits Production Chains. Food Environment Virology, ISSN 1867-0334, 9, 1, 72-78, 2017. DOI: 1007/s12560-016-9264-2
- Prodanov-Radulović J., Petrović T., Lupulović D., Marčić D., Petrović J., Grgić Ž., Lazić S.: First detection and clinical presentation of Porcine epidemic diarrhea virus (PEDV) in Serbia. Acta Veterinaria-Beograd, 67 (3), 383-396, 2017
- Petrović T., D’Agostino M.: Viral Contamination of Food. Antimicrobial Food Packaging, Edited by Jorge Barros-Velazquez, London, Elsevier, 2016, 65-79, ISBN 970-0-12-800723-5.
- Bouwknegt M., Verhaelen K., Rzezutka A., Kozyra I., Maunula L., Bonsdorff C., Vantarakis A., Kokkinos P., Petrović T., Lazić S., Pavlik I., Vasickova P., Willems K., Havelaar A., Rutjes S., Husman A.: Quantitative farm-to-fork risk assessment model for norovirus and hepatitis A virus in European leafy green vegetable and berry fruit supply chains. International Journal of Food Microbiology, ISSN 0168-1605, 198, 50-58, 2015
- Escribano-Romeroa E., Lupulović D., Merino-Ramos T., Blazquez A., Lazić G., Lazić S., Saiz J., Petrović T.: West Nile virus serosurveillance in pigs, wild boars, and roe deer in Serbia. Veterinary microbiology, ISSN 0378-1135, 176, 365-369, 2015
- Lazić S., Lupulović D., Polaček V., Valčić M., Lazić G., Pašagić E., Petrović T.: Detection of equine arteritis virus in the semen of stallions in the Republic of Serbia. Acta veterinaria, ISSN 0567-8315, 65, 4, 557-567, 2015
- Lupulović D., Maksimović-Zorić J., Vasković N., Bugarski D., Plavšić B., Ivanović N., Petrović T., Pušić I., Marčić D., Grgić Ž., Lazić S.: First Report on the Efficiency of Oral Vaccination of Foxes against Rabies in Serbia. Zoonoses and Public Health, ISSN 1863-1959, 62, Ahead of print. doi: 10.1111/zph.12196 , In press, 2015
- Blazquez A., Escribano-Romero E., Martin-Acebes M., Petrović T., Saiz J-C.: Limited susceptibility of mice to Usutu virus (USUV) infection and induction of flavivirus cross-protective immunity. Virology, ISSN 0042-6822, 482, 67-71, 2015
- Lazić G., Grubač S., Lupulović D., Polaček V., Lazić S., Petrović T.: Presence of human and animal viruses in surface waters in Vojvodina Province of Serbia. Food and Environmental Virology, ISSN 1867-0334, 7, 24, 1-10, 2015
- Petrović T., Lazić S, Lupulović D., Lazić G., Bugarski D., Vidanović D., Stefan-Mikić S. Milošević V., Hrnjaković-Cvetković I., Petrić D. (2014) Serological study on WNV presence in horses in Vojvodina after the human outbreak in Serbia in 2012. Biol. Sci., Belgrade, 66 (2), 473-481, 2014. DOI:10.2298/ABS1402473P
- Petrović T., Lupulović D., Jiménez de Oya N., Vojvodić S., Blázquez A-B., Escribano-Romero E., Martín-Acebes M., Potkonjak A., Milošević V., Lazić S., Saiz J.C. (2014) Prevalence of hepatitis E virus (HEV) antibodies in Serbian blood donors. J Infect Dev Ctries 2014; 8(10):1322-1327. doi:10.3855/jidc.4369
- Polaček V., Prodanov-Radulović J., Došen R., Petrović T., Becskei Z., Aleksić-Kovačević S.: Expression of E2 (gp 55) glycoprotein of classical swine fever virus in lymphoid tissue and brain of experimentally infected piglets with different immunological status. Acta veterinaria, ISSN 0567-8315, 64, 2, 213-225, 2014
- Prodanov-Radulović J., Došen R., Polaček V., Petrović T., Stojanov I., Ratajac R., Valčić M.: CSF active immunisation of piglets with subunit (E2) vaccine in the presence of colostral immunity. Acta Veterinaria-Beograd, ISSN 0567-8315, 64 (4), 493-509, 2014. DOI: 10.2478/acve-2014-0046
- Petrović T, Blazquez AB, Lupulović D, Lazić G, Escribano-Romero E, Fabijan D, Kapetanov M, Lazić S, Saiz JC. Monitoring West Nile virus (WNV) infection in wild birds in Serbia during 2012: first isolation and characterisation of WNV strains from Serbia. Euro Surveill. 2013;18(44):pii=20622. http://www.eurosurveillance.org/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleId=20622
- Maunula L., Kaupke A., Vasickova P., Soderberg K., Kozyra I., Lazić S., van der Poel W., Bouwknegt M., Rutjes S., Willemsh K., Moloney R., D’Agostino M., de Roda Husman Ana Maria, Bonsdorff C., Rzezutka A., Pavlik I., Petrović T., Cook N.: Tracing enteric viruses in the European berry fruit supply chain. International Journal of Food Microbiology 167, 177–185, 2013, ISSN 0168-1605, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2013.09.003
- Petrović T. (2013): Prevalence of viruses in food and the environment. in: Nigel Cook (ed) Viruses in food and water, Woodhead Publishing Limited, Cambridge, UK, 2013, ISBN 978-0-85709-430-8 (Print) 978-0-85709-887-0 (Online), 19-46. DOI 10.1533/9780857098870.1.19
- Kokkinos P., Kozyra I., Lazić S., Bouwknegt M., Rutjes S., Willems K., Moloney R., Roda Husman de A., Kaupke A., Legaki E., D’Agostino M., Cook N., Rzežutka A., Petrović T., Vantarakis A. (2012): Harmonised Investigation of the Occurrence of Human Enteric Viruses in the Leafy Green Vegetable Supply Chain in Three European Countries. Food and Environmental Virology, ISSN 1867-0334, Vol 4, No 4, 179-191, DOI 10.1007/s12560-012-9087-8.
- Toplak I., Lazić S., Lupulović D., Prodanov-Radulović J., Becskei Z., Došen R., Petrović T. (2012): Study of the genetic variability of porcine Circovirus type 2 detected in Serbia and Slovenia. Acta Veterinaria Hungarica, ISSN 0236-6290, 60, 3, pp.409-420, 2012
Поделите ову страницу
Follow us on social networks
WE ARE RELIABLE PARTNER FOR EU PROJECTS
EXPLORE OUR PROFILE PAGE ON EU PORTAL
INFORMATION ABOUT PUBLIC PROCUREMENT