Sandra M. Jakšić, B.Sc. in chemistry, M.Sc., PhD, Senior Research Associate
Phone: 021 4895 363
APVNT Number: 1617 http://knr.uns.ac.rs/knrPublic.xhtml
ID number MPNTR R. Srbije 132400
Scientific field: biotechnical science- veterinary-food safety
Expert field: mycotoxin analysis 30%, ELISA 30%, HPLC 30%, food quality 10%
Born: 1974, Novi Sad, Republic of Serbia
Education: Graduated at the Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, 1999, average grade: 8.50
Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, 2004
Field: Analytical determination of mycotoxins
Title: “A contribution to the chromatographic determination of fumonisins B1 and B2 in corn”
Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, 2015
Field: Analytical determination of mycotoxins
Title: „A contribution to the determination and distribution of fumonisins in cereals and medicinal plants in Serbia”
- 1999 Research Student
- 2005 Research Assistant
- 2015 Research Associate
- 2020 Senior Research Associate
- Since 1999 Department for chemical and radiological, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Novi Sad
Scientific research activity:
- Over 100 scientific and professional publications have been published
- Currently participating in 2 national scientific projects
Scientific and Research Work:
- Basic Research interest:
Analytical determination of toxic substances (mycotoxins), safety of food products of animal origin and animal feed, analytical methods such as ELISA, High-pressure Liquid chromatography (HPLC), Atomic Apsorption spectrometry (AAS), Spectrophotometry, ICP.
- Main working and research activities:
- Determination of basic animal feed quality parameters by conventional laboratory methods (total combustion method, spectrophotometry, HPLC, AAS);
- Health and food safety testing for the presence of mycotoxins and toxic elements (ELISA, HPLC, AAS);
- Introducing new method for sample preparation for faster and more accurate determination of animal feed contaminants (Microwave digestion system, solid phase extraction columns)
- Introduction of new methods for faster and more precise determination of animal contaminants (HPLC, ICP)
- Implementation of SRPS 9001: 2015, SRPS 17025: 2017, 14001: 2015 standards in the Institute’s work and monitoring of changes in standards, new requirements, training and staff training
- Main interest in the work: chemical analysis of animal feed, chromatography, mycotoxins, ELISA, AAS
- Major interest in research: mycotoxins, toxic elements, pesticides, sample preparation, HPLC, ICP
- Jakšić S. M., Ratajac R. D. , Prica N. B. , Apić J. B. , Ljubojević D. B. , Žekić M. Z. , Stošić, Živkov Baloš M. M.: Methods of Determination of Antibiotic Residues in Honey, J Anal Chem, 73 (4): 317-324, 2018.
- Jakšić S., Mihaljev Ž., Kartalović B., Babić J., Vidaković S, Živkov Baloš M.: Evaluation of ELISA tests as screening methods for determination of antibiotics and sulfonamides in honey, Food and Feed Reseach 45(1), 11-17, 2018.
- Jakšić S., Jajić I., Krstović S., Mihaljev Ž.: L-lysine determination in animal feed using microbiological microtiter plate assay, Journal of the Hellenic Veterinary Medical Society, 69(3), 1094-1100, 2018.
- Živkov Baloš M., Popov N., Prodanov Radulović J., Stojanov I., Jakšić S. Sugar Profile of Different Floral Origin Honeys from Serbia. Journal of Apicultural Research, 59 (4), 398-405, DOI: 10.1080/00218839.2020.1714193.
- Jakšić S., Živkov Baloš M., Jajić I., Abramović B.: Fumonisins in Serbian Corn: Long-time Assessment under Actual Climate Change Conditions, Cereal Research Communications 47(4), 714-723, (2019)
- Kocić‐Tanackov, S, Dimić, G, Jakšić, S, Đukić Vuković, A., Mladenović D., Pejin, J.. Effects of caraway and juniper essential oils on aflatoxigenic fungi growth and aflatoxins secretion in polenta. J Food Process Preserv. 2019; 43:e14224. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.14224
- Jakšić S., Živkov-Baloš M., Popov N., Torović Lj., Krstović S.: Optimisation, validation and comparison of methods for aflatoxin M1 determination in cheese. International Journal of Dairy Technology, ISSN 1471-0307, 74, 4, 681-688, 2021. doi: 10.1111/1471-0307.12784.
- Torović Lj., Popov N., Živkov-Baloš M., Jakšić S.: Risk estimates of hepatocellular carcinoma in Vojvodina (Serbia) related to aflatoxin M1 contaminated cheese.Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, ISSN 0889-1575, 103, 104122, 2021. doi:10.1016/j.jfca.2021.104122.
- Jevtić I., Jakšić S., Četojević-Simin D., Uzelac M., Abramović B.: UV-induction of photolytic and photocatalytic degradation of fumonisins in water: reaction kinetics and toxicity.Environmental Science and Pollution Research, ISSN 0944-1344, 2021. doi:10.1007/s11356-021-14535-9
- Krstović S., Krulj J., Jakšić S., Bočarov-Stančić A., Jajić I. Ozone as decontaminating agent for ground corn containing deoxynivalenol, zearalenone, and ochratoxin A. Cereal Chemistry, 98, 135-143, 2021. doi:10.1002/cche.10289
- Projects of Ministry of Science, Technology and Development of the Republic of Serbia
- Program of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia, national scientific project, Novi Sad, Scientific Veterinary Institute ‘Novi Sad’, 2022 Project leader: dr Lazić Sava. Agreement with the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia on the implementation and financing of scientific research work NIV-NS in 2022, number 451-03-68/2022-14/20003.
- In situ pollutants removal from waters by sustainable green nanotechnologies Akronim: CleanNanoCatalyze Program Ideja, Broj projekta: 7747845. Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad 2022-2024, Project leader prof. dr Daniela Šojić Merkulov
- COST Action СА18105: Risk-based meat inspection and integrated meat safety assurance, Start date: 04/03/2019, End date: 03/03/2023; Chair of the Action: Dr Bojan Blagojević (Serbia) (link: https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA18105/).
Membership in scientific and professional assotiations:
- Serbian Chemical Society-Chemical Society Vojvodina
Participation at the Scientific Symposia:
- 35 international symposia
- 15 national symposia
– Qualitas education Q14/ISO 17025- Measurement Uncertainty, Center for Education Belgrade, 10-11.04.2003.
– Methods validation – Association of the Chemical Engineers of Serbia – AchE, 18.03.2009.
– Training for Internal Auditor according to ISO 19011, 08.04.2011. BIO VUKAZ, Scientific Veterinary Institute, Novi Sad.
– JRC, European Commission and Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements: Train Mic: Principles and application of metrology in chemistry, in cooperation with: the Republic of Serbia, Ministry of Economy and Regional Development, Directorate of Measures and Precious Metals, – 13.-15. 04.2011. Accreditation Board of Serbia, Belgrade.
– Twinning Project “Capacity Building of the Directorate for National Reference Laboratories,” ISO 17025 criteria – organization, management, quality systems, personnel, accommodation, equipment, supplies and services, testing methods, validation tests, sample processing, data management, reporting, subcontracting, complaint – 08.09.2011. Directorate for National Reference Laboratories, Belgrade.
– Twinning Project “Capacity Building of the Directorate for National Reference Laboratories” workshop: Test and Measurement Uncertainty review GC/MS and LC/MS assay – 01.12.2011. Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology, Belgrade.
– „Accreditation–link in the chain of production of safe food and clean drinking water“, Representatives of the Ministry of Agriculture, Trade, Forestry and Water Management and the Ministry of Health, ATS in cooperation with the Serbian Chamber of Commerce and consumer associations, Belgrade, 08.06.2012.
– Training in Metrology in Chemistry: Principles and application of metrology in chemistry, Name of the organizer: Department of precious metals and the Accreditation Body of Serbia, Accreditation Board of Serbia, Belgrade, 12-13.12.2012.
– Training for Internal Auditor according to ISO 17025, Name of the organizer: Faculty of Technology, Novi Sad, Faculty of Technology, Нови Сад, 26-27.01.2013.
– Workshop “Analysis of food and feed contaminants – The legal and the scientific framework behind including method validation and measurement uncertainty”, European Commission Joint Research Centre Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements, Zagreb, Croatia, 24-26 September 2014.
– Mycotoxine in Various Food Matrix (Mikotoksini u različitim uzorcima hrane) Dr Daniel McMillan, Sciex, prof. dr Rudolph Krska, IFA Tulin, Dr Jens Dahlmann, Sciex SuperLab, Beograd; prof dr Dragan Glamočić, savetnik predsednika vlade; Prof dr Feren Bagi, Faculty of Agriculture Novi Sad; Veterinary Institut of Serbia, SuperLab Institute, Belgrade, 10.11.2015.
– Internal control and verification of equipment performance in accordance with the requirements of the standard ISO/IEC 17025:2006 Association of Chemical Engineers of Serbia, Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, Belgrade, 17-18.11.2015.
– Determination of Emergency and WFD Priority Pollutants by HPLC, Education and Training Network in Public Environmental Laboratories, 530554-TEMPUS -1-2012-1-SK-JPHES, Novi Sad 08.-12.02.2016.
– Training ISO 9001:2015, Quality Management System, Scientific Veterinary Institute „Novi Sad“ 21.09.2016.
– Training 14001:2015, Environmental Management System, Scientific Veterinary Institute „Novi Sad“ 28.09.2016.
– Training OHSAS18001 Occupational Safety and Health Management System, Scientific Veterinary Institute „Novi Sad“ 05.10.2016.
– Challenges in Food Analysis; Sample Preparation, Novi Sad, 18.10.2017. – Institute of Food Technology, organization: Cluster d.o.o. Beograd, dr Jörg Baute, European GC/SPE Business Development Manager, iz Phenomenex-a.
– Seminar on reviewing for researchers, 9. Novembar 2017., Scientific Club of the Center for the Promotion of Science, Belgrade.
– Twining Project EU for Serbia SR 13 IB AG 01 Strengthening the capacities of the competent institutions of the Republic of Serbia in the field of control of zoonoses and foodborne diseases, 27.02.2018. Workshop on implementation of the plan for monitoring food of animal origin. Scientific Veterinary Institute „Novi Sad“, Novi Sad; Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of the Republic of Serbia Veterinary Directorate.
– Requirements of standards ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Company for certification and supervision – Belgrade; Stand Cert doo, 14.05.2018. Scientific Veterinary Institute „Novi Sad“, Novi Sad.
– Workshop „On the road to the Innovation Union: European food legislation“, Novi Sad, 05. Septembar 2018. Food Stars project 692276 Horizon 2020, European Commission, FINS, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Vojvodina.
- English, active
- Russian, passive
- Good computer skills (M. Office)
- Sense of teamwork