Name: Radomir Ratajac
- Date and place of birth: 10. 1969. Novi Sad, Republic of Serbia
- DVM Graduated at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, 1997., average grade: 8.62.
- Specialist of veterinary pharmacology and toxicology, University of Belgrade, Serbia, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in 2005.
Specialist work: “Efficiency of eugenol in prevention and treatment broiler infection caused by Salmonella Enteritidis“.
- Sc. Department of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad in 2007.
Master thesis: “Efficiency of essential oils in treating broiler infection caused by Salmonella Enteritidis” .
- Department of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad in 2014.
Doctoral dissertation: “Evaluation of antimicrobial and cytotoxic potential of essential oils in cow endometrium in vitro” in the field of pharmacology and toxicology.
- Professional Experience:
Department of Drug Analysis and Veterinary Toxicology, from 1997.
- 2014 Research Associate
- Publications, national and international projects:
Published over 100 articles in international and national journals, presentations on national and international meetings. Participated in 19 national scientific and research projects, and in 3 international projects.
In the field of scientific and research work we look for natural compounds from plants which have potential in prevention and treatment of animal diseases, e.g. influence of essential oils on food borne pathogens and filed strains originating from animals, in vitro and in vivo.
Quality control of drugs used in veterinary medicine, preclinical and clinical trials of medicines and medical devices for use in veterinary medicine, veterinary toxicology, ecotoxicology.
- Preclinical and clinical trials of medicines and medical devices for use in veterinary medicine;
- Preparation of Common Technical Document for marketing approval of drugs ad us. vet.;
- Quality control of drugs, medical devices, objects for general use and biocidal products (physical – chemical – biological tests);
- Testing of antibacterial activity of substances (disc diffusion test, agar dilution method, microdilution method, etc.);
- Testing of cytotoxic activity of substances;
- Performing biological tests on laboratory animals;
- Microbiological – biological determinations of active principles of medicines (microbiological determination of antibiotics, potency testing – efficacy of biological preparations, etc.);
- Testing of toxicological and ecotoxicological properties of active substances and biocidal products;
- Monitors of adverse effects with pharmaceutical products ad us. vet. – drug safety (pharmacovigilance, vigilance);
- Toxicological analysis on allegedly poisoned animals, toxicology expertise based on scientific data;
- Care of experimental animals, health and welfare;
- Implementation of the requirements of ISO standards in the work of the department and monitoring of changes in standards, new requirements, training and staff training;
- Participation at the Scientific Symposia:
– 18 international symposium
– 24 national symposia
- Borlaug Fellows Program, Training at The Department of Veterinary Bioscience, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, on University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and at the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC), in Urbana, Illinois, USA, Attendance, from 12 Oct.2008 – 21 Nov. 2008
- Ultrasound diagnostic imaging
- Acreditation and sertification of laboratories (ISO 9001: 2001 and ISO/IEC 17025:2006), documentation, management, laboratory methods, internal control
- Animal welfare
- Other skils:
– fluent English
– computer skills (M. Office)
– good team worker
- Membership in Scientific and Professional Associations:
- Veterinary Chamber of Serbia (Member of the Assembly), and member of the Expert committee
- Serbian Veterinary Society
- A member of Ethics Council for welfare of experimental animals of the Republic of Serbia.
- Present position:
– Head of the Department of Drug Analysis and Veterinary Toxicology
Radomir Ratajac, DVM, MSc, PhD
Department of Drug Analysis and Veterinary Toxicology
Scopus Author ID: 23478321000
ORCID iD: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3165-4176
APVNT number: 1640
ID broj istraživača MPNTR R. Srbije 132401
Scientific field: Preclinical veterinary medicine, Pharmacology and toxicology
Expertise area: Pharmacology, Veterinary toxicology, Quality control of drugs