Radomir Ratajac, DVM, MSc, PhD, Senior Research Associate
Department of Drug Analysis and Veterinary Toxicology
Scientific Veterinary Institute ‘Novi Sad’
Tel. +381 21 4895340
Scopus Author ID: 23478321000
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-3165-4176
APVNT number: 1640
ID number of the researcher MPNTR of the Republic of Serbia 132401
Scientific field: Preclinical veterinary medicine, Pharmacology and toxicology
Expertise area: Pharmacology, Veterinary toxicology, Quality control of drugs
Date and place of birth: 1969. Novi Sad, Republic of Serbia
- Ph.D. Department of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad in 2014. Doctoral dissertatio under the titlen: “Evaluation of antimicrobial and cytotoxic potential of essential oils in cow endometrium in vitro” in the field of pharmacology and toxicology.
- M.Sc. Department of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad in 2007. Master thesis under the title: “Efficiency of essential oils in treating broiler infection caused by Salmonella Enteritidis”
- Specialist of veterinary pharmacology and toxicology, University of Belgrade, Serbia, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in 2005. Specialist work: “Efficiency of eugenol in prevention and treatment broiler infection caused by Salmonella Enteritidis“.
- DVM Graduated at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, 1997., average grade: 8.62.
- 2020 Senior Research Associate
Scientific and Research Work:
In the field of scientific and research work we look for natural compounds from plants which have potential in prevention and treatment of animal diseases, e.g. influence of essential oils on food borne pathogens and filed strains originating from animals, in vitro and in vivo.
Quality control of drugs used in veterinary medicine, preclinical and clinical trials of medicines and medical devices for use in veterinary medicine, veterinary toxicology, ecotoxicology.
Main working and research activities:
- Preclinical and clinical trials of medicines and medical devices for use in veterinary medicine;
- Preparation of Common Technical Document for marketing approval of drugs ad us. vet.;
- Quality control of drugs, medical devices, objects for general use and biocidal products (physical – chemical – biological tests);
- Testing of antibacterial activity of substances (disc diffusion test, agar dilution method, microdilution method, etc.);
- Testing of cytotoxic activity of substances;
- Performing biological tests on laboratory animals;
- Microbiological – biological determinations of active principles of medicines (microbiological determination of antibiotics, potency testing – efficacy of biological preparations, etc.);
- Testing of toxicological and ecotoxicological properties of active substances and biocidal products;
- Monitors of adverse effects with pharmaceutical products ad us. vet. – drug safety (pharmacovigilance, vigilance);
- Toxicological analysis on allegedly poisoned animals, toxicology expertise based on scientific data;
- Care of experimental animals, health and welfare;
- Implementation of the requirements of ISO standards in the work of the department and monitoring of changes in standards, new requirements, training and staff training;
Published over 200 articles in international and national journals, presentations on national and international meetings. Participated in 18 national scientific and research projects, and in 4 international projects.
Projects of Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia
- Wild animal health monitoring and introduction of new biotechnology procedures in detection of infectious and zoonotic agents – risk analysis for human health, domestic and wild animal health and for environmental contamination; Coordinator: dr Tamaš Petrović, Project No: TR31084 (2011-2019).
- Research on pharmacological characteristics of antimicrobial agents, introduction of new technological solutions and alternative prophylactic methods with the purpose to improve control of infectious animal disease, Project No; 20115; Coordinator: dr Dragica Stojanović, Project No: TR31071 (2011 – 2019).
- Control of biohazard agents on farms and application of biotechnological procedures with the aim of reducing risks in the safe food system and ensuring harmless removal of animal waste, Coordinator: dr Branka Vidić Project No: 20133 (2008-2011).
- Hazard analysis using the system of critical control points in poultry production, Coordinator: dr Dušan Orlić, Project No: TR-6811B, (2005-2007)
- Improvement of the technological process of cattle and pig farming by applying risk analysis and developing the HACCP System, Coordinator: dr Ranko Kljajić, Project No: TR-6810B, (2005-2007)
- Examination of waste water at places of production of foodstuffs of animal origin and proposal for remediation of primary treatments with the aim of protecting natural recipients, Coordinator: dr Slavica Košarčić Project No: 4/1-02-013/02-1, (2002-2004)
- Research on bioindicators of environmental contamination in the area of Novi Sad, Coordinator: dr Ranko Kljajić, Project No: I-3-501-1/2001-37, (2002)
Project of Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management – Veterinary Directorate
- The evaluation of vaccine efficiency against classical swine fever in controlled conditions; Contract No: 401-00-13700/2006-05; Coordinator dr Dragica Stojanovic (2006 – 2007)
- Monitoring of the spread of resistant zoonotic bacteria on the carcasses of slaughtered pigs; Coordinator: dr Jelena Petrović, Contract No: 401-00-13675/2006-05. (2006)
- Investigations of the effect of ragweed on the sexual characteristics and health status of laboratory rats; Coordinator: dr Milovan Jovičin, Contract No: 104-401-02180/2006-04. (2006)
- Development and improvement of serial production of fetal calf serum and primary cell cultures according to ATSS standard requirements; Coordinator: dr Sava Lazić Contract No: 114-451-00809/2005-01, (2005)
Project of Provincial Secretary for Science and Technological Development
- Program of biotechnological procedures for diagnosis and control of trichinosis in the area of Autonomous Province of Vojvodina; Coordinator: dr Branka Vidić, Contract No: 114-451-01036/2008-03. (2008 -2010)
- Improvement of beekeeping in Vojvodina with the aim of increasing agricultural production, quality bee products and environmental protection, Coordinator: dr Igor Stojanov, Contract No: 114-451-00970/2009-04. (2009)
- „Combating antihelmintic resistance in ruminants (COMBAR)“ (COST Action CA16230) Coordinator dr Johannes Charlier, Kreavet, Kruibeke Belgium, (2017 –2021) WGs member. Web page: https://www.combar-ca.eu/
- “ Behavioural Management and Training of Laboratory non-human Primates and Large Laboratory Animals (PRIMTRAIN)” (COST Action CA15131) Coordinator Prof Stefan Treue, German Primate Center GmbH, Göttingen, Germany (2016 –2020) MC member and WGs member. Web page: http://www.primtrain.eu
- “Sharing advances on large animal models (SALAAM)” (COST Action BM1308) Coordinator Prof Eckhard Wolf, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Munich, Germany, (2014 –2018) MC member and WGs member. Web page: http://www.salaam.genzentrum.lmu.de/
- “Plant Metabolic Engineering for High Value Products (PlantEngine)” (COST Action FA1006), Coordinator dr Prof Heribert Warzecha, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Pflanzenbiotechnologie, Darmstadt, Germany (2011 – 2015) MC member and WGs member. Web page: http://www.plantengine.eu
Projects of the Innovation fund – Innovation Vouchers
- Development of analytical methods and testing of the stability of a new product – drug EvroMizol premix for medicated food. ID: 733, Period: 2020 – 2021, Company: “Evrolek – farmacija” d.o.o.; Project leader: Radomir Ratajac
- Development of analytical methods and testing of the stability of a new product – drug EvroFlox S solution for injections”. ID:741, Period: 2020 – 2021. Company: “Veterinary Station Evrolek” d.o.o.; Project leader: Radomir Ratajac
- Examination of non-specific techniques for the prophylaxis of intestinal infections in suckling piglets – FirstGel preparation, with the aim of reducing the use of antimicrobial preparations in commercial pig production”. ID: 791; Period: 2020 – 2021, Company: “Vetplanet” d.o.o.; Project leader: Radomir Ratajac
- Improvement of the health status control program of piglets without the use of chemotherapeutics – application of the herbal preparation Biodiar Plus”. ID:891 Period: 2020 – 2021, Company: “Vetplanet” d.o.o.; Project manager: Radomir Ratajac
- Development of analytical methods for testing a new product – drug Evroflor 40, premix for medicated food and testing the stability of the new product. ID:557. Period: 2019 – 2020., Company: “Evrolek – farmacija” d.o.o.; Project leader: Radomir Ratajac
- Workshop ,,Ultrasound diagnostic imaging in veterinary practice,,, Continuing education program in veterinary medicine, Department of diseases of ungulates, carnivores, poultry and game, November 2006, Novi Sad, Serbia
- Training in veterinary toxicology: Borlaug Fellows Program, Training at The Department of Veterinary Bioscience, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, on University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and at the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC), in Urbana, Illinois, USA, Attendance, from 12 Oct. – 21 Nov. 2008.
- Workshop: REP LECOTOX 2nd Workshop: ,,Trends in ecological risk assessment,,, Department of Biology and Ecology, Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad, September 21 – 23, 2009, Novi Sad
- Workshop: ,,Science Commercialisation,, – Trans-COST Action– 20.-21.08.2012, Neustadt an der Weinstrasse, Germany
- Training: ,,Patents and patent documentation search,,, Organizer: Educational and informative center, Intellectual Property Institute of the Republic of Serbia, 22 October 2012, Belgrade, Serbia
- Workshop: ,,Establishing and developing of an ecotoxicology platform in Serbia and Croatia: a focus on zebrafish (Danio rerio),, SCOPES Valorization Grant workshop, Project No. SCOPES IZ73Z0_128025 , April 22 – 24, 2013, Novi Sad, Serbia
- Workshop: “Fundamentals of working with laboratory animals for category A, B and V”, organized by the Ethics Commission for the Welfare of Laboratory Animals, University of Novi Sad, February 26 and 27, 2015, Novi Sad, Serbia
- Workshop: COST Action CA15131 “Behaviour Management and Training of Laboratory non-human Primates and Large Laboratory Animals – PRIMTRAIN”, Workshop: “Comunication Strategies”, November 1, 2016, German Primate Center, Getingen, Germany
- Course: Harmonization of national regulations in the field of animal welfare in experiments with regulations in the European Union, organizer: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, Course leader: Prof. Dr. Marijana Vučinić, June 1, 2017, Belgrade, Serbia
- Workshop: “Protection of animals used for scientific purposes”, Expert: Mrs. Branka Buković Šošić (PLAC II, Legal support for negotiations), Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection, Veterinary Directorate, June 20, 2017, Belgrade, Serbia
- Subregional workshop: “How to establish a start-up company and manage it”, organized by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), in cooperation with the Intellectual Property Office of the Republic of Serbia and the Technology Transfer Center of the University of Belgrade, Belgrade, 13 and 14 . November 2017., Serbia
- Workshop: COST Action CA15131 “Behaviour Management and Training of Laboratory non-human Primates and Large Laboratory Animals – PRIMTRAIN ”, Workshop: “Animal Welfare of non-human primates and other large laboratory animals”, April 9-11, 2018, Budapest HAS Research Centre for Natural Sciences & Pécs University of Pécs, Hungary
- Workshop: COST Action CA15131 “Behaviour Management and Training of Laboratory non-human Primates and Large Laboratory Animals”, Workshop: ,,3Rs in research with large laboratory animals“, 17-19. March, 2019, Novi Sad, Serbia
- Workshop: „Balkan vultures anti-poisoning workshop“, Regional Workshop on vulture conservation and wildlife poisoning in the Balkan Peninsula, 07.-11.04.2019., Uvac, Nova Varoš, Serbia
- Training course: “Wildlife crime and investigation – techniques and procedures”, Organization: Vulture Conservation Foundation, VCF with the support from the Spanish Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Regional Government of Andalusia (Junta de Andalucía). Financed by MAVA and supported by the Spanish Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Regional Government of Andalusia (Junta de Andalucía). 7th and 8th of May 2019, Cercedilla, Sierra de Guadarrama, Madrid – Spain.
- Workshop:”Workshop on Forensic Wildlife Toxicology Bucharest”, November 18-19, 2019, Grigore Antipa National Museum of Natural History, Sos. Kiseleff nr. 1, Bucharest, Romania, COST Action European Raptor Biomonitoring Facility
- Online Training School:“Practical approach to protocol development in large laboratory animal training”; Organization: PRIMTRAIN “Animal Welfare of non-human primates and other large laboratory animals”, 28.- 29.09.2020
- Online: Kick-off meeting of the BalkanDetox LIFE project; Organization: The Vulture Conservation Foundation (VCF), 30.11.2020.
- Training School: Wildlife Crime Academy, Organization: Vulture Conservation Fondation, LIFE project Balkan Detox LIFE, place and date: Centro de Capacitación y Experimentación Forestal de Cazorla (Vadillo-Castril), Cazorla, Spain, from June 29 to July 1, 2021.
- Training School: Wildlife Crime Academy, “Level II Investigation of wildlife crime”, Organization: Vulture Conservation Fondation, LIFE project Balkan Detox LIFE, place and date: The International University of Andalusia (UNIA), La Rabida, Huelva, Spain, from November 9 to 11, 2021.
- Online workshop: „Fundamentals of working with laboratory animals for category A, B and V”, organized by the Ethics Commission for the Welfare of Laboratory Animals, University of Novi Sad, March 19 and 26, 2022, Novi Sad
Department of Drug Analysis and Veterinary Toxicology, from 1997.
– fluent English
– computer skills (M. Office)
– good team worker
Participation at the Scientific Symposia:
– 21 international symposium
– 34 national symposia
Membership in Scientific and Professional Associations:
- Serbian Veterinary Society
- Veterinary Chamber of Serbia (Member of the Assembly), and member of the Expert committee
- A member of Ethics Council for welfare of experimental animals of the Republic of Serbia.
– Head of the Department of Drug Analysis and Veterinary Toxicology
- Štrbac Filip, Bosco Antonio, Pušić Ivan, Stojanović Dragica, Simin Nataša, Cringoli Giuseppe Laura, Ratajac Radomir: The use of essential oils against sheep gastrointestinal nematodes. In: Abbas RZ, Khan A, Liu P and Saleemi MK (eds), Animal Health Perspectives, Unique Scientific Publishers, Faisalabad, Pakistan, Vol. I, ISBN: 978-969-2201-00-1, pp: 86-94, 2022. https://doi.org/10.47278/book.ahp/2022.12
- Filip Štrbac, Antonio Bosco, Maria Paola Maurelli, Radomir Ratajac, Dragica Stojanović, Nataša Simin, Dejan Orčić, Ivan Pušić, Slobodan Krnjajić, Smaragda Sotiraki, Giorgio Saralli, Giuseppe Cringoli and Laura Rinaldi: Anthelmintic Properties of Essential Oils to Control Gastrointestinal Nematodes in Sheep—In Vitro and In Vivo Studies, Vet. Sci. 2022, 9(2), 93; doi:10.3390/vetsci9020093
- Štrbac Filip, Bosco Antonio, Amadesi Alessandra, Rinaldi Laura, Stojanović Dragica, Simin Nataša, Orčić Dejan, Pušić Ivan, Krnjajić Slobodan, Ratajac Radomir: Ovicidal Potential of Five Different Essential Oils to Control Gastrointestinal Nematodes of Sheep. Pakistan Veterinary Journal, ISSN 0253-8318, 2021, doi:10.29261/pakvetj/2021.xxx
- Radomir Ratajac, Jelena Petrović, Brankica Kartalović, Igor Stojanov, Vladimir Polaček. The most common causes of honeybee poisoning. Arhiv veterinarske medicine 2021, 14(2):61 – 82, https://doi.org/10.46784/eavm.v14i2.289
- Petrović Jelena, Kartalović Brankica, Mirčeta Jovan, Prodanov-Radulović Jasna, Ratajac Radomir, Mastanjević Krešimir: Organochlorine pesticides and NDL-PCBs in wild boars from flatland region with intensive agricultural activites. Food Additives and Contaminants: Part B, ISSN 1939-3210, 2021, doi.org/10.1080/19393210.2021.1976287
- Brankica Kartalović, Jelena Petrović, Radomir Ratajac, Suzana Vidaković, Dragica Stojanović, Jovan Mirčeta,Vesna Đorđević: Survey of sulfonamides in meat and honey in Vojvodina market, Serbia. Journal of Food Safety and Food Quality 71 (1): 10-15, 2020 DOI 10.2376/0003-925X-71-10
- Jelena Petrović, Brankica Kartalović, Radomir Ratajac, Danka Spirić, Biljana Djurdjević, Vlada Polaček & Mira Pucarević: PAHs in different honeys from Serbia, Food Additives & Contaminants: Part B., 2019. DOI: 10.1080/19393210.2019.1569727
- Jelena Petrović, Živoslav Grgić, Jasna Prodanov Radulović, Radomir Ratajac, Miroslav Urošević, Tatjana Pustahija , Snežana Medić : Epidemiology of human trichinellosis in Vojvodina Province, Serbia, from 2015 to 2016. Acta Veterinaria Hungarica volume 67, number 1, pp. 40–50, 2019. DOI: 10.1556/004.2019.005,
- Аleksandar Pavličević, Ivan Pavlović, Radomir Ratajac, Danica Popović, Branislav Davidović, Dejan Krnjajić. Poultry welfare in terms of poultry red mite (Dermanyssus gallinae) impact and control Biotechnology in Animal Husbandry 35 (1), 1-11, 2019 ISSN 1450-9156, UDC 636.09’65, DOI: 10.2298/BAH1901001P
- Sandra Jakšić, Radomir Ratajac, Nadežda Prica, Jelena Apić, Dragana Ljubojević, Marina Žekić Stošić, Milica Živkov Baloš: Methods of Determination of Antibiotic Residues in Honey, Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 73, 4, 317-324, 2018.
- Igor Stojanov, Aleksandar Milovanović, Dragana Ružić-Muslić, Radomir Ratajac, Milica Živkov Baloš, Nevena Maksimović, Jelena Apić: The application of EDTA-Tris and chlorhexidine in the treatment of endometritis as a replacement for antibiotic therapy in cows. Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 42: 91-96, 2018. DOI:10.3906/vet-1703-74.
- Ratajac R., Žekić-Stošić M., Prodanov-Radulović J., Petrović J., Stojanov I., Urošević M., Adamović D.: The potential applications of plant extracts – essential oils in livestock organic production systems. Proceedings, The International Symposium on Animal Science (ISAS) 2016, 24-25th November, Belgrade, Serbia, [editor in chief Zoran Popović], Zemun, Faculty of Agriculture, 2016, 510-517, ISBN 978-86-7834-261-5.
- Urošević M., Hennig-Pauka I., Tichy A., Stojanac N., Ratajac R.: Effect of different proportions of popped amaranth grain (Amaranthus cruentus) as an iron supplement in piglet diets on selected blood indicators.Acta Veterinaria Brno, ISSN 0001-7213, 84, 277-287, 2015.
- Ratajac R., Žekić-Stošić M., Milovanović A., Stojanov I.: Antimicrobial activity of the essential oils from some aromatic medicinal plants cultivated in Serbia. Proceedings, First International Symposium of Veterinary Medicine ‘One Health – New Challenges’ (ISVM2015), Vrdnik, May 21-23, 2015, editor in chief Tamaš Petrović, Novi Sad, Scientific Veterinary Institute ‘Novi Sad’, 2015, 454-461, ISBN 9978-86-82871-36-
- Prodanov-Radulović J., Došen R., Polaček V., Petrović T., Stojanov I., Ratajac R., Valčić M.: Classical swine fever: active immunization of piglets with subunit (E2) vaccine in the presence of different levels of colostral immunity (China strain). Acta veterinaria-Beograd, ISSN 0567-8315, 64, 4, 493-509, 2014. DOI: 10.2478/acve-2014-0046
- Ratajac R., Milovanović A., Žekić-Stošić M., Barna T., Mihaljev Ž., Prodanov-Radulović J., Stojanović D.: Ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia l.) – determination of phytoestrogen activity, basic nutrient content and its potential as a forage for small ruminant. Proceedings, XVI International congress Feed technology, Novi Sad, 28-30.10.2014, editor Bojana Kokić, Novi Sad, Institute of food technology, 2014, str.130-136, ISBN 978-86-7994-042-1, UDK 619:616.995.132 http://fins.uns.ac.rs/index.php?page=zbornici-radova.
- Stojanović D., Kovačević Z., Žekić M., Ašanin J., Ratajac R., Petrović J., Petrović T., Stojanov I., Velhner M.: Examination of enzymes concentration in the rats blood with sepsid caused by mixed and pure bacterial cultures,Acta Veterinaria, ISSN 0567-8315, 63, 5-6, стр. 609-620, 2013,
- Petrović J., Baltić M., Stefanović S., Milanov D., Ratajac R.: Determination of flumequine residues in broiler chickens with HPLC and screening method. Acta Veterinaria, ISSN 0567-8315, 56, 5-6, стр.547-555, 2009,
Поделите ову страницу
Follow us on social networks
WE ARE RELIABLE PARTNER FOR EU PROJECTS
EXPLORE OUR PROFILE PAGE ON EU PORTAL
INFORMATION ABOUT PUBLIC PROCUREMENT