Milica M. Živkov Baloš, B.Sc., M.Sc., PhD
Principal Research Fellow
Current Work Contact Details:
Milica Živkov Baloš, PhD
Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”
Rumenacki put 20
21000 Novi Sad, Serbia
Phone: +381 21 4895 360
Orcid broj: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-4266-1232
APVNT No: 1647
ID in Minsitry of Science (MESTD) of Serbia: 130683
Scientific field: Feed and food safety
Expert areas: food and feed quality and safety, distribution of residues of chemical contaminants, animal nutrition
Born: November 10, 1967, Belgrade, Republic of Serbia
Education: basic studies at the Faculty of Agriculture, Department for Cattle Breeding, University of Novi Sad, 1994;
Master thesis: Faculty of Agriculture, Department for Cattle Breeding, University of Novi Sad, 1998 – “Establishment of pubertal ovarian activity in the gilts with the different back fat thickness”;
Doctoral dissertation: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, 2004 – “Effect of phytase in broilers nutrition on performances, availability of phosphorus and degree of bone mineralization”.
- 1994 Research Trainee
- 1998 Research Assistant
- 2005 Research Associate
- 2013 Senior Research fellow
- 2018 Principal Research Fellow
- 1994 – 1995 Department of Reproduction, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”
– 1995 – present – Department for Feed Examining
- 1998 – 2013 Head of the Department for Feed Examining
- 2002 -2013 – Deputy of the Head of the Unit for Laboratory Investigations
- 2014 Head of the Department for chemical and radiological examination and deputy of the Head of the Sector for food safety, veterinary toxicology and drug analysis
Scientific and Research Work:
Published over 300 scientific and professional papers.
Participated in more than 20 national scientific and research projects
National scientific projects leader in 6 projects and project tasks
Basic Research interest: feed and food safety and quality
Main working and research activities:
- animal nutrition;
- feed and food quality control;
- feed and food safety;
- utilization of agricultural and food by-products;
FA COST Action FA1305: The EU Aquaponics Hub: Realising Sustainable Integrated Fish and Vegetable Production for the EU (Action details: MoU 058/13; CSO Approval date: 15/11/2013; Start of Action: 14/04/2014, End of Action:13/04/2018; Chair of the Action: Dr Benz KOTZEN (UK) (link: http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/fa/Actions/FA1305)
COST CA18105 – Risk-based meat inspection and integrated meat safety assurance. Approval date: 13/11/2018. Start of Action: 04/03/2019; End of Action: 03/03/2023; Chair of the Action: Prof. dr Bojan Blagojević (Serbia)
- Projects of Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia
- Contemporary aspects and development of systems and methods of animal health protection and food and feed safety accuracy. For the Ministry of Science and Environment Protection, No S.4.09.45.027. (1994-1997).
- Research for improvement of animal health protection and reproduction and food and feed safety accuracy. For the Ministry of Science and Environment Protection, No 12M15 (1996-2000).
- Development and application of actions and resources in diagnostics of contagious diseases of animals, control and food safety accuracy. For the Ministry of Science and Environment Protection, No S.4.27.49.0019 (1997-2000).
- Production of new means for prevention of intoxication and treatment of disorders metabolism in animals. No. BTR.5.05.4335.B (2001-2004)
- Improvement of technological process of farm breeding of cattle and swine by applying hazard analysis and developing HACCP system. For the Ministry of Science and Environment Protection, No TR-6810B. (2005-2007) Coordinator
- Hazard analysis of critical control points in poultry production. For the Ministry of Science and Environment Protection, No TR-6811B. (2005-2007)
- Control of biohazard agents on farms and implementation of biotechnology procedures with the aim to reduce risks in food safety system and provide safe disposal of animal waste, No20133, 2008-2011.
- Wild animal health monitoring and introduction of new biotechnology procedures in detection of infectious and zoonotic agents – risk analysis for human health, domestic and wild animal health and for environmental contamination; Project No: TR31084; (2011-2015).
- Research on pharmacological characteristics of antimicrobial agents, introduction of new technological solutions and alternative prophylactic methods with the purpose to improve control of infectious animal disease Project No: TR31071; (2011-2015).
- Project of Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management – Veterinary Directorate
- Excretion of aflatoxin in milk: risk for consumers, 401-00-06682/2005-05, 2005-2006-Coordinator
- Examination of toxic elements in feed, 401-00-06681/2005-05, 2005-2006-Coordinator
- Provincial Secretary for Agriculture, Waterpower Engineering and Forestry
- New aspects of poultry nutrition to reduce the enviromental burden of poultry manure, No 401-01734/2006-4, 2006-2007-Coordinator
- Project of Provincial Secretary for Science and Technological Development
- Hazard analysis, risk assessment and identification of control measures for food safety on breeding farms in APV. Department of Science of Vojvodina. No 114-451-00536/2005-01, (2005-2006).
- Program and practical solutions for development and implementation of HACCP system in farm breeding. Department of Science of Vojvodina. No. 401-00-02380/2004-01, (2005).
- Program of biotechnological methods for diagnosis and control of trichinosis in the territory of AP Vojvodina, No 114-451-01036/2008-03.
- Program of biotechnological methods for diagnosis and control of trichinosis in the territory of AP Vojvodina, 114-451-00676/2009-02.
- Program of biotechnological methods for diagnosis and control of trichinosis in the territory of AP Vojvodina, 114-451-02583/2010-01.
- Determination ofantibiotic residuesin honeyby using the screening method and high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), No 114-451-1263/2014-03 – Coordinator
- Determination of aflatoxin M1 in cheese using the screeninig method and high performance liquid chromatography method with a fluorescence detector, No 142-451-2468/2019-01
- Project of Novi Sad City, City Management, Secretary for Environmental Protection and Improvement of the Environment
- Examination of the food safety on the area of Novi Sad city, 1-3501-10013/2001, 2001
- Environmental contamination bioindicators analysis on the area of Novi Sad, 1-3501-10013/2001, 2001:
- Projects of The Innovation Fund of the Republic of Serbia (inovacionifond.rs)
Participated in 13 projects; Coordinator in 4 projects
Participation at the Scientific Symposia:
- 68 international symposia
- 21 national symposia
Membership in Scientific and Professional Associations:
- Serbian Veterinary Association
- Member of the Society of Chemical Industry (SCI);
- Member of the World’s Poultry Science Association
- Principal Research Fellow
- Head of the Department for chemical and radiological examination
- Deputy of the Head of the Sector for food safety, veterinary toxicology and drug analysis
- Member of Scientific Council, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”
- Ljilja Torović, Nenad Popov, Milica Živkov Baloš, Sandra Jakšić (2021): Risk estimates of hepatocellular carcinoma in Vojvodina (Serbia) related to aflatoxin M1 contaminated cheese, Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, Volume 103, 2021, 104122, ISSN 0889-1575, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfca.2021.104122
- Dragana Ljubojević Pelić, Suzana Vidaković Knežević, Miloš Pelić, Milica Živkov Baloš, Dubravka Milanov (2021). The epidemiological significance of duck meat as a source of Salmonella spp. a review, World’s Poultry Science Journal, DOI: 10.1080/00439339.2020.1866960
- Knežević S., Vidaković Knežević S., Pajić M, Ružić Z., Đukić Stojčić M., Živkov-Baloš M., Đorđević M. (2021): Influence of different litter types on ammonia and carbon dioxide emission in broiler production. European Poultry Science, 85, 2021, ISSN 1612-9199, © Verlag Eugen Ulmer, Stuttgart. DOI: 10.1399/eps.2021.333
- Sandra Jakšić, Milica Živkov Baloš, Nenad Popov, Ljilja Torović, Saša Krstović (2021): Optimisation, validation and comparison of methods for aflatoxin M1 determination in cheese. International Journal of Dairy Technology, http://doi.org/10.1111/1471-0307.12784
- Milica M. Živkov Baloš, Nenad S. Popov, Jasna Z. Prodanov Radulović, Igor M. Stojanov, Sandra M. Jakšić (2020): Sugar Profile of Different Floral Origin Honeys from Serbia. Journal of Apicultural Research. DOI: 10.1080/00218839.2020.1714193. Izdavač: International Bee Resarch Association; ISSN 0021-8839.https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00218839.2020.1714193
- Ljubojevic Dragana B, Radosavljevic Vladimir, Puvaca Nikola, Zivkov Balos Milica M, Djordjevic Vesna Z, Jovanovic Rade, Cirkovic Miroslav A (2015): INTERACTIVE EFFECTS OF DIETARY PROTEIN LEVEL AND OIL SOURCE ON PROXIMATE COMPOSITION AND FATTY ACID COMPOSITION IN COMMON CARP (Cyprinus carpio L.). Journal Of Food Composition And Analysis, 37, 44-50. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jfca.2014.09.005
- Milica Živkov-Baloš, Dragana Ljubojević, Sandra Jakšić (2017): THE ROLE AND IMPORTANCE OF VANADIUM, Cr AND Ni IN POULTRY DIET. World’s Poultry Science Journal, 73, March 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0043933916000842
- Živkov-Baloš, S. Jakšić, D. Ljubojević Pelić (2019): The role, importance and toxicity of arsenic in poultry nutrition. World’s Poultry Science Journal, 75, 3, September 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0043933919000394
- Sandra Jakšić, Milica Živkov-Baloš, Željko Mihaljev, Zoran Mašić, Igor Jajić, Nemanja Banić, Biljana Abramović (2015): EXTRACTION WITHOUT ОRGANIC SOLVENTS IN THE DETERMINATION OF FUMONISINS B1, B2, AND B3 IN MAIZE BY HPLC–FLD AND ELISA TESTS. Food Analytical Methods, ISSN 1936-9751, Food Anal. Methods, 2015, 8:1446-1455; DOI 10.1007/s12161-014-0030-5, published online 31 October 2014.
- Pelić, M., Kartalović, B., Živkov Baloš, M., Mirilović, M., Đorđević, M., Teodorović, V., Ćirković, M., & Ljubojević Pelić, D. (2020). Health Risks associated with residual pesticide levels in fish reared in purified wastewater from slaughterhouse. Journal of the Hellenic Veterinary Medical Society, 71(1), 1991-1996. doi:https://doi.org/10.12681/jhvms.22941
- Jakšić S., Živkov Baloš M., Jajić I., Abramović B. (2019): Fumonisins in Serbian Corn: Long-time Assessment under Actual Climate Change Conditions, Cereal Research Communications 47(4), 714-723, https://doi.org/10.1556/0806.47.2019.45
- Stojanov, A. Milovanović, D. Ružić-Muslić, R. Ratajac, M. Živkov Baloš, N. Maksimović, J. Apić (2018): The application of EDTA-Tris and chlorhexidine in the terapy of endometritis as a replacement for antibiotic therapy in cows. Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 42, 91-96, E-ISSN:1303-6181 ; ISSN: 1300-0128; © TÜBÍTAK, I.F. (2016) 0,449; 5-godišnji 0,487.DOI: 10.3906/vet-1703-74; http://journals.tubitak.gov.tr/veterinary
- Ljubojević Dragana, Radosavljević Vladimir, Pelić Miloš, Đorđević Vesna, Živkov Baloš Milica, Ćirković Miroslav (2016): FATTY ACID COMPOSITION, CHEMICAL COMPOSITION AND PROCESSING YIELD OF TRADITIONAL HOT SMOKED COMMON CARP (Cyprinus carpio, L). Iranian Journal of Fisheries Sciences, 15(4) 1293-1306. ISSN: 1562-2916. Publisher: Iranian Fisheries Research Organization.
- Mihaljev Ž., Ćupić Ž., Živkov – Baloš M., Jakšić S. (2015): LEVELS OF MACROELEMENTS AND TOXIC ELEMENTS IN HERBAL TEAS. Chemical industry, 69 (2), 143-153. ISSN 0367-598X, DOI:10.2298/HEMIND130424029M
- Željko Mihaljev, Milica Živkov-Baloš, Željko Ćupić, Sandra Jakšić (2014): LEVELS OF SOME MICROELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL HEAVY METALS IN HERBAL TEAS IN SERBIA. Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica-Drug Research, 71, 3, 385-391, ISSN 0001-6837.
- Sandra Jakšić, Biljana Abramović, Igor Jajić, Milica Živkov-Baloš, Željko Mihaljev, Vesna Despotović, Daniela Šojić (2012): CO-OCCURRENCE OF FUMONISIN AND DEOXYNIVALENOL IN WHEAT AND MAIZE HARVESTED IN SERBIA. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 89:615–619, ISSN 0007-4861.
- M. Jakšić, R. D. Ratajac, N. B. Prica, J. B. Apić, D. B. Ljubojević, M. Z. Žekić Stošić, and M. M. Živkov Baloš (2018): Methods of Determination of Antibiotic Residues in Honey. Journal of Analytical Chemistry, Volume 73, №4, 317-324, 2018.
- Prodanov-Radulović J., Živkov-Baloš M., Jakšić S., Grgić Ž., Stojanov I., Bojkovski J., Tassis P. D. (2017): Aflatoxin M1 levels in sow milk. Journal of the Hellenic Veterinary Medical Society, ISSN 1792-2720, 2017, 68(3):341-346.
- Živkov-Baloš M., Kovačević M., Mihaljev Ž., Stojanov I., Kapetanov M., Stojanović D., Petrović J. 2012): THE EFFECTIVENESS OF PHYTASE IN BROILER DIETS IN IMPROVING PRODUCTION PERFORMANCES AND BONE FEATURES. Acta Veterinaria, ISSN 0567-8315, 62, 2-3, 297-311.
- Milica Živkov Baloš (2017): ESSENTIAL MINERALS IN POULTRY NUTRITION. Monograph, Publisher Scientific Veterinary Institute „Novi Sad“, ISBN 976-86-82871-40-8, pp. 112.
Поделите ову страницу
Follow us on social networks
WE ARE RELIABLE PARTNER FOR EU PROJECTS
EXPLORE OUR PROFILE PAGE ON EU PORTAL
INFORMATION ABOUT PUBLIC PROCUREMENT