Milena Samojlović, PhD, Research Associate
Department of Virusology
Phone : +381 21 4895 386
Mob: + 381 64 818 54 45
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Scopus Author ID:
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5685-4027
APVNT number : 5773
MPNTR research ID number : 152521
Born : September 26th, 1987, Novi Sad, Republic of Serbia
Scientific field: microbiology and infectious diseases
Expert areas: veterinary virology and immunology
Basic Research Interests:
Detection of domestic and wild animal viruses by serological (ELISA, VN test, HI test) and molecular (PCR, RT-PCR, real time PCR and RT-PCR) methods, cultivation of cell lines and virus isolation; immune response to viral infections, vector borne viral diseases of animals.
Main working and research activities:
- Detection of animal viral diseases by classical laboratory methods (ELISA, VN test, HI test);
- Propagation and grow of tissue cultures;
- Prevention, control and eradication of contagious animal viral diseases and zoonosis;
- Detection of viruses in environment, including wild animals;
- Vector borne viral diseases of animals (serological methods);
- Analysis and detection of animal proteins in feed.
- Basic studies: Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Novi Sad (2011), average grade 9.26;
- Master thesis: “Comparative analysis of postoperative course in gravid, estrous and anestrous cats after sterilization”, Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Novi Sad (2015);
- D. studies at Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Novi Sad 2015 to date.
- Research Trainee, 2017.
Working experience: 7 years.
- From February 2012 to December 2015 – Professional practice, Veterinary Station “Popov-veterina” Kovilj, department in Novi Sad;
- From December 2015 June 2016 – Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Department of Epizootiology, clinical diagnosis, pathology and DDD, acquisition and distribution of vaccines and diagnostic tools.
- From December 2016 to date: Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Department of Virology
- “Exploring the pharmacological characteristics of antimicrobial agents, the introduction of new technological solutions and alternative methods of prophylaxis with the aim to improve the control of infectious diseases of animals”, Project of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia no.: 31071, Project leader dr Dubravka Milanov (2011- present)
- “Wild animal health monitoring and introduction of new biotechnology procedures in detection of infectious and zoonotic agents – risk analysis for human health, domestic and wild animal health and for environmental contamination”, Project of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia no.: 31084, Project leader dr Tamas Petrovic (2011- present)
- „Optimization of the vaccination time of broiler chickens against Newcastle disease”, innovation project 323 (2018), Innovation Fund.
- Bilateral cooperation between Serbia and Austria: „Development and standardization of diagnostic tests for detection of Lumpy skin disease, testing of the duration of maternal immunity and determination of the right time for vaccination of young animals”; period of realization 2018-2019.
- The detection of rabies virus by indirect immunofluorescence method, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Novi Sad;
- The microscopic detection of animal proteins in feeds, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Novi Sad.
Membership in Scientific and Professional Associations:
- Serbian Veterinary Chamber
- Serbian Veterinary Association
Participation at the Scientific Symposia:
- 2 national symposia
- Language skills: Serbian (mother tongue), English (active), German (passive)
- Good computer skills (MS Office)
- Driving licence
- Research associate at the Department of Virusology