Gospava Lazić, PhD, Research Associate
Deputy Head of Sector of Epizootiology, Clinical Diagnostics and Laboratory Examinations
Head of the Service for Waste Management and Environmental Protection
Teln: 021 489 5 3 20
Scopus Author ID: 55924536400
ORCID iD: orcid.org/0000-0003-0537-7619
APVNT Number: 1684
ID number for MPNTR Republic of Serbia 130703
Scientific areas: virology, management of animal and medical waste
Expert areas: virology, vector-borne disease, virology of environment
Born: 07.11. 1982, Sremska Mitrovica, Republic of Serbia
Education: Graduated at the Faculty of Sciences, Department of Biology and Ecology, University of Novi Sad, 2009. BSc thesis: Isolation and identification of animal herpesviruses in cell culture. Master thesis, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Biology and Ecology, University of Novi Sad, 2011. Doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Biology and Ecology, University of Novi Sad, 2011-2016, PhD thesis: “Presence and prevalence of animal and human viruses in surface water in Vojvodina Province”.
- 2017 Research Associate
- 2014 Research Assistant
- 2011 Research Trainee
Scientific and Research Work:
- Basic Research interest:
Veterinary virology, food and environmental virology, vector-borne infections, management of animal and medical waste.
- Main working and research activities:
detection of animal viral diseases by classical laboratory methods (ELISA, IH, VN);
detection of animal viral diseases by molecular diagnostic tests (PCR, RT-PCR, real-time PCR);
detection of viruses in environment (environmental virology), in vectors and in wild animals,
molecular characterization of the viruses detected in animals, vectors and environment,
management of medical and animal waste
- COST Action CA17108 “Aedes Invasive Mosquitoes” 6 September 2018 – 5 September 2022. Coordinator Prof Alessandra della Torre, Universita di Roma SAPIENZA Roma, Italy. MC substitute.
COST Action FA1404 „Improving current understanding and research for sustainable control of the poultry red mite Dermanyssus gallinae (COREMI), 24.11.2014. – 23.11.2018. Coordinator Prof Olivier Sparagano, Coventry University Alan Berry Building, CV1 5FB Coventry, United Kingdom. MC substitute
- COST Action FA1408 (2014-2018) „A European Network of Foodborne Parasites (EURO-FBP)”. Coordinator dr Lucy Robertson, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Department of Food Safety and Infection Biology, Section of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, Oslo, Norway. MC substitute
- COST Action NEOH – Network for Evaluation of One Health, 2013-2017. Coordinator dr Barbara Haesler, United Kingdom. MC Substitute.
- COST Action FA1408 (2014-2018) „A European Network of Foodborne Parasites (EURO-FBP)”. Coordinator dr Lucy Robertson, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Department of Food Safety and Infection Biology, Section of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, Oslo, Norway.
- COST Action CA15116 (2015-2019) „Understanding and combating African Swine Fever in Europe (ASF-STOP)”. Coordinator dr Dolores Gavier-Widen, National Veterinary Institute (SVA), Uppsala, Sweden.
- COST Action FA1207 (2013-2017) „Towards Control of Avian Coronaviruses: Strategies for
Diagnosis, Surveillance and Vaccination”. Coordinator prof. Paul Britton, The Pirbright Institute, Compton Laboratory, ComptonRG20 7NN Newbury, United Kingdom.
- COST Action TD1303(2013-2017) „European Network for Neglected Vectors and Vector-Borne Infections (EurNegVec)”. Coordinator dr Andrei Mihalca, Universitatea de Stiinte Agricole si MedicinaVeterinara Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- Bilateral cooperation between Serbia and France (2014/2015) „Implement and harmonize the diagnostic procedures for notifiable horse viral diseases”. French Agency for food (ANSES).
- COST Action FA 0902 (2009-2013) „Understanding and combating porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome in Europe”. Руководилац пројекта: др Tahar AIT-ALI, University of Edinburgh, Roslin Institute and Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies Roslin biocentre Midlothian, Edinburgh, United Kingdom. Период реализације 2009-2013. године.
Projects of Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia
- Wild animal health monitoring and introduction of new biotechnology procedures in detection of infectious and zoonotic agents – risk analysis for human health, domestic and wild animal health and for environmental contamination; Project No: TR31084; Coordinator dr Tamas Petrovic (2011-2014)
- Final Conference and Workshop Creating impact for One Health andEcoHealth Advancements in implementation, evaluation, andgovernance. Bologna, 10 -12 September 2018.
- Training School, „Diagnostic of Equine Arteritis Virus, Equine Infectious Anemia Virus and Equine Herpes Viruses by RT-qPCR and PCR as discribed in OIE chapter 2.5.10“. ANSES (French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety), 30.11.-05.12.2015, Dosule, Caen, Francuska.
- Training School 4 (WG1): Vector-borne diseases and One Health, COST Action TD1303- „EURNEGVEC-European Network for Neglected Vectors and Vector-Borne Infections“.Danube Delta, Romania, 05.07-20.07.2015.
- COST Action FA1207: Towards Control of Avian Coronaviruses: Strategies for Diagnosis, Surveillance and Vaccination 05-07.05.2015. Uppsala, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Training School, – Determination of mosquitos and and Real-Time RT-PCR detection of West Nile Virus, “MediLabSecure” 08-12.06.2015. University of Novi Sad – Faculty of Agriculture.
- COST Short Term Scientific Mission (STSM) and Workshop – PRRSV sequence analysis and interpretation, Copenhagen 18-25 August 2013 under organization of COST FA0902 EuroPRRSnet project and National Veterinary Institute Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
- PRRS Diagnostic Training School, Zagreb, Croatia, 24 – 25 September 2012 under organization of COST FA0902 EuroPRRSnet project and Veterinary Institute Croatia.
- Since 2018 – Deputy of head for departments of epizootiology, Clinical diagnostics, pathology and laboratory testing.
- Since 2017 Head of the department for management for medical animal waste.
- Since 2011 Laboratory for Virology, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Novi Sad
Membership in Scientific and Professional Associations:
– Society of Serbian Microbiologists
– Serbian Society for Water Protection
Driving licence “B”