Diana Lupulović, DVM, M.Sc., PhD
Senior Research Associate
Deputy Head of the Department of Virology
Phone: +381 21 4895 322;
Mobile: +381 64 169 86 78
Scopus Author ID: 36028466200
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-2476-4887
APVNT number: 1625
ID number of the researcher MPNTR R. Serbia: 130570
Scientific field: microbiology and infectious diseases
Areas of expertise: veterinary virology and immunology, vector-borne diseases and zoonoses
Year of birth: 1971
Basic studies at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade in 1997, with an average grade of 8.16.
Master’s thesis at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Belgrade, 2007: “Investigation of the humoral immune response of sows after vaccination with inactivated vaccines against porcine parvovirus and the persistence of specific material antibodies in their piglets”
Doctoral dissertation at the Department of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad, 2013: “Development and application of different laboratory methods for diagnosing infection caused by hepatitis E virus in pigs and humans.”
– Research Trainee, 2001
– Research Assistant, 2007
– Research Associate, 2014
– Senior Research Associate, 2020
– from March 1998 to September 1998 – PKB “Belgrade” Padinska Skela – cattle farm,
– from September 1998 to September 1999 – AD “Napredak” Stara Pazova – cattle farm,
– from December 2000 until today – Scientific Institute for Veterinary Medicine “Novi Sad”, Department of Virology.
Main research interests:
– Detection of viral diseases of domestic and wild animals by serological (ELISA, VN test, HI test) and molecular (PCR, RT-PCR, real-time PCR and RT-PCR) diagnostic methods, cultivation of cell lines and virus isolation; monitoring the immune response to viral infections; vector-borne viral diseases of animals, diagnosis, control and eradication of infectious diseases and zoonoses.
Main daily and research activities:
– Diagnosing of animal viral diseases by classical laboratory methods (virus isolation on cell cultures and embryonated eggs, VN test, ELISA, HI test, fluorescent antibody technique (TFA), detection of viral agents of animal diseases by molecular techniques (PCR and real time PCR);
– Reproduction and maintenance of cell cultures;
– Prevention, control and eradication of infectious animal diseases and zoonoses;
– Detection of viruses in the environment, including wild animals;
– Vector diseases of animals (serological diagnostic methods);
– Participation in the introduction and monitoring of the laboratory standard SRPS ISO 17025:2017 and the Quality System.
Published over 300 scientific and professional works.
– “Monitoring the health status of wild animals and introducing new biotechnological procedures in the detection of infectious and zoonotic agents – risk analysis for human health, domestic and wild animals and environmental contamination” Project of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia No.: 31084; project manager Dr. Tamaš Petrović (2011-2019).
– “Investigation of the pharmacological characteristics of antimicrobial agents, introduction of new technological solutions and alternative methods of prophylaxis with the aim of improving the control of infectious diseases of animals”, Project of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia No.: 31071; project manager Dr. Dubravka Milanov (2011-2019).
Optimizing the time of vaccination of broiler chickens against atypical fowl plague”, Innovation Project 323 (2018), Innovation Activity Fund.
– “Biotechnological procedures in the etiological diagnosis of viral and bacterial infections, macrobiological contaminants of food and biological products in veterinary medicine”; registration number: 20115; Project manager Dr. Sava Lazić (2008-2011);
– “Towards Control of Avian Coronaviruses: Strategies for Diagnosis, Surveillance and Vaccination” (COST Action FA1207); Coordinator: Dr. Paul Britton, Pirbright Institute, United Kingdom; (2013-2017) – participates in the work of working groups Website: http://www.cost.eu/domains_actions/fa/Actions/FA1207
– Bilateral cooperation between Serbia and France: “Implement and coordinate diagnostic procedures for viral diseases of horses that are mandatory for reporting”, implementation period 2014-2015. Year; Project manager for France: Dr. Aymeric Hans; Project manager for Serbia: Dr. Diana Lupulović;
– Bilateral cooperation between Serbia and Portugal: Schmalenberg virus, serological and molecular diagnostic methods, harmonization, surveillance programs; implementation period: 2018-2019. Project manager: Dr. Tamaš Petrović
– COST action CA16123: “Safety Culture and Risk Management in Agriculture”. Implementation period: 2017-2021. Year
– IPA cross-border cooperation project Hungary-Serbia (Interreg IPA Hungary-Serbia): Protect Wild Birds = Protect Habitats = Protect Humans (Protect Wild Birds = Protect Habitats = Protect Humans), Acronym: BirdPROTECT; Project identification number: HUSRB/1903/12/0049; Duration period: 18 months (01.10.2020-31.03.2022), Project manager: Dr. Diana Lupulović.
– Performing the immunohistochemical method for the diagnosis of viruses and tumors (01.12.-15.12.2008), Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Vienna (Austria), Department of Veterinary Pathology;
– Training for conducting serological examination of infection caused by hepatitis E virus using recombinant protein ORF-2 HEV genotype 3, lasting 2 weeks from 01.03. – March 15, 2009 at the Laboratory for Zoonoses and Environmental Virology (Department of Biotechnology, National Institute for Research in Agriculture and Nutrition (INIA), Madrid, Spain). The training (STSM – Short-Term Scientific Mission) was conducted within the COST project 929;
– Training for performing the virus-neutralization test and real-time RT-PCR for diagnosing equine viral arteritis (EVA) at the European reference laboratory (EU-RL) for equine viral diseases in Dozule (ANSES), France;
– Training School for Coronavirus Genome Sequencing and Bioinformatic Analysis, location: CODA-CERVA, Groeselenberg 99, 1180 Uccle, Brussels, Belgium, date: 27-28 October 2016.
– Professional training for the diagnosis of rabies virus using the indirect immunofluorescence method, Veterinary Scientific Institute of Serbia, Belgrade;
– Technical requirements for laboratory quality assurance, laboratory accreditation according to the requirements of the SRPSR ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard
Area of Expertise:
– Expert in the field of veterinary virology
– Reviewer of of the international journal “Food and Environmental Virology”
– Reviewer of papers of the international journal “Frontiers in Veterinary Medicine”
Membership in scientific and professional associations:
– Member of the Veterinary Chamber of Serbia
– Member of the Serbian Veterinary Society
– Member of the Association of Microbiologists of Vojvodina
Participation in scientific symposia:
15 international symposia and 25 national symposia.
– English language active
– Romanian language active
– Computer skills (Ms Office)
– Driver’s licence B category
– Deputy Head of the Virology Department
– Senior Research Sssociate at the Department of Virology,
Dr. Diana Lupulović, DVM, M.Sc., PhD
Scientific Institute of Veterinary Science “Novi Sad”
Rumenački put 20
21000 Novi Sad, Serbia
Fax: +381 21 4895 344
Phone: +381 21 4895 322;
Mobile: +381 61 2124133
- Lupulović Diana, Savić Sara, Gaudaire Delphine, Berthet Nicolas, Grgić Živoslav, Matović Kazimir, Deshiere Alexandre, Hans Aymeric: Identification and genetic characterization of equine infectious anemia virus in Western Balkans. BMC Veterinary Research, ISSN 1746-6148, 17, 168, 2021;
- Petrović Tamaš, Šekler Milanko, Petrić Dušan, Vidanović Dejan, Debeljak Zoran, Lazić Gospava, Lupulović Diana, Kavran Mihaela, Samojlović Milena, Ignjatović Ćupina Aleksandra, Tešović Bojana, Lazić Sava, Kolarević Mišo, Labus Tatjana, Đurić Bojan: Intensive West Nile Virus Circulation in Serbia in 2018—Results of Integrated Surveillance Program.Pathogens, ISSN 2076-0817, 10, 1294, 2021;
- Medić Strahinja, Lazić Sava, Petrović Tamaš, Petrić Dušan, Samojlović Milena, Lazić Gospava, Lupulović Diana: Evidence of the first clinical case of equine neuroinvasive West Nile Disease in Serbia, 2018 = Dokaz prvog kliničkog slučaja neuroinvazivnog oblika groznice zapadnog nila kod konja u Srbiji, 2018.Acta veterinaria, ISSN 0567-8315, 69, 1, 123-130, 2019;
- Samojlović Milena, Polaček Vladimir, Gurjanov Vladimir, Lupulović Diana, Lazić Gospava, Petrović Tamaš, Lazić Sava: Detection of antibodies against lumpy skin disease virus by virus neutralization test and ELISA methods Acta veterinaria, ISSN 0567-8315, 69, 1, 47-60, 2019;
- Gaudaire D, Lazic S, Lupulović Diana, Petrovic T, Lazic G, Berthet N, Hans A.: Complete genome sequence of an equine arteritis virus strain isolated from a Lipizzaner stallion in 2015 in Serbia. Microbiol Resour Announc, 8:e00250-19., 2019. (https://doi.org/10.1128/ MRA.00250-19)
- Petrović Tamaš, Šekler Milanko, Petrić Dušan, Lazić Sava, Debeljak Zoran, Vidanović Dejan, Ignjatović-Ćupina Aleksandra, Lazić Gospava, Lupulović Diana, Kolarević Mišo, Plavšić Budimir: Methodology and results of integrated WNV surveillance programmes in Serbia.PLoS ONE, ISSN 1932-6203, 13, 3, e0195439, 2018;
- Lazić Sava, Lupulović Diana, Gaudaire D., Petrović Tamaš, Lazić Gospava, Hans A.: Serological evidence of Equine arteritis virus infection and phylogenetic analysis ofviral isolates in semen of stallions from Serbia. BMC Veterinary Research, ISSN 1746-6148, 13, 313, 1-8, 2017;
- Lupulović Diana, Maksimović-Zorić J., Vasković N., Bugarski D., Plavšić B., Ivanović N., Petrović T., Pušić I., Marčić D., Grgić Ž., Lazić S.: First Report on the Efficiency of Oral Vaccination of Foxes against Rabies in Serbia. Zoonoses and Public Health, ISSN 1863-1959, 2015;
- Toplak I., Lazić S., Lupulović Diana, Prodanov-Radulović J., Becskei Z., Došen R., Petrović T.: Study of the genetic variability of porcine Circovirus type 2 detected in Serbia and Slovenia.Acta Veterinaria Hungarica, ISSN 0236-6290, 60, 3, pp.409-420, 2012 (eng)
- Lupulović Diana, Marti´n-Acebes M., Lazić S., Alonso-Padilla J., Bla´zquez A., Escribano-Romero E., Petrović T., Saiz J.: First Serological Evidence of West Nile Virus Activity in Horses in Serbia.Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases, ISSN 1530-3667, 10, 20, str.1-4, 2011;
- Lupulović Diana, Lazić S., Prodanov-Radulović J., Jime´nez de Oya N., Escribano-Romero E., Saiz J., Petrović T.: First Serological Study of Hepatitis E Virus Infection in Backyard Pigs from Serbia.Food Environment Virology, 2, str.110-113, 2010;
Поделите ову страницу
Follow us on social networks
WE ARE RELIABLE PARTNER FOR EU PROJECTS
EXPLORE OUR PROFILE PAGE ON EU PORTAL
INFORMATION ABOUT PUBLIC PROCUREMENT