Diana Lupulović, DVM, PhD, Senior Research Associate
Department of Virusology
Phone: +381 21 4895 322
Mobile: +381 64 169 86 78
Scopus Author ID:
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-2476-4887
ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Diana Lupulovic
APVNT number: 1625
ID number of researchers MPNTR of R. Serbia:130570
Date of birth: March 12, 1971, Zrenjanin, Republic of Serbia
Scientific field: microbiology and infectious diseases
Expert area: Veterinary Virology and Immunology
Basic research interests:
Detection of viral diseases of domestic and wild animals serological (ELISA, VN test, HI test) and molecular (PCR, RT-PCR, real-time PCR and RT-PCR) methods of diagnostics, propaagation of cell cultures and virus isolation; monitoring of the immune response to viral infections; vector-borne viral animal diseases.
Main daily and research activities:
– Diagnosis of viral animal diseases by classical laboratory methods (virus isolation on cell cultures and embryonated eggs, VN test, ELISA, HI test, technique of fluorescent antibody (TFA));
– Propagation and subculturing of cell cultures;
– Prevention, control and eradication of infectious animal diseases and zoonoses;
– Detection of virus in the environment including wildlife;
– vector animal diseases (serological methods of diagnosis);
– Participation in the implementation of the laboratory standard SRPS ISO 17025: 2017 and the Quality Control System.
– Bachelor degree at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Belgrade in 1997, with an average grade of 8.16.
-Magister degree: “Examination of the humoral immune response of sows after vaccination with inactivated vaccines against pigs parvovirosis and the persistence of specific material antibodies in their piglets” Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Belgrade, 2007.
– Doctoral dissertation: “Development and application of different laboratory methods for the hepatitis E virus infection in pigs and humans”. Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Novi Sad, 2013.
– Research Trainee, 2001.
-Research Assistant, 2007.
– Research Associate, 2014
-Senior Research Associate 2020
Working experience: 20 years.
– – from 1998 to 1998 (PKB “Beograd” Padinska skela – cattle farm),
– – from 1998 to 1999 (AD “Napredak” Stara Pazova – cattle farm),
– – from 2000 to present Scientific Institute of Veterinary Medicine “Novi Sad”, Department of Virology
– “Wild animal health monitoring and introduction of new biotechnology procedures in detection of infectious and zoonotic agents risk analysis for human health, domestic and wild animal health and for environmental contamination” Project of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia No.: 031084; Project Manager Dr. Tamas Petrovic (2011-present).
– “Research on pharmacological characteristics of antimicrobial agents, introduction of new technological alternative methods of prophylactic with the purpose to improve control of infectious animal disease of farm animals”, Project of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia No.: Project Manager Dr. Dubravka Milanov (2011-present).
– “Optimization of the vaccination time of broiler chickens against Newcastle disease”, Innovation project 323 (2018), Innovation Fund.
– Bilateral Cooperation Serbia – France: “Implement and coordinate the diagnostic procedures for horse sicknesses that are mandatory for registration”, the period of implementation 2014-2015. Year; Project Manager for Serbia: Dr. Diana Lupulovic;
– Bilateral cooperation Serbia – Portugal: Schmalenberg virus, serological and molecular diagnostic methods, harmonization, control programs; period of realization: 2018-2019.
– COST Action CA16123: “Safety Culture and Risk Management in Agriculture”. Realization period: 2017-2021.
1) 2-weeks Training on Immuno-histochemistry methods in investigation of viruses and tumors (01.12-15.012.2008), at the University of Veterinary Medicine in Vienna, Austria, Department for Veterinary Pathology; 2) Training in the serological assesment of hepatitis E virus (HEV) infection by using ORF-2 HEV genotype 3 recombinant proteins, 2-weeks STSM (Short-Term Scientific Mission) from 01.03. то 15.03. 2009, granted by COST -929 Mission, at Laboratory of Zoonotic and Environmental Virology (Dpt. Biotechnology, Instituto Nacional de Investigaciony Tecnologia Agraria y Alementaria (INIA), Madrid, Spain); 2-weeks training (March 2015) on virus neutralisation test and real-time RT-PCR for the diagnoses of Equine arteritis virus (EAV) at the European Referenece Laboratory (EU-RL) for viral equine disesases in Dozule (A.NSES), France; Training School on Coronavirus whole genome sequencing and bioinformatic analysis, Location: CODA-CERVA, Groeselenberg 99, 1180 Uccle, Brussels, Belgium, Date: 27-28 October 2016
Membership in scientific and professional associations:
– Member of the Veterinary Chamber of Serbia
– Member of the Serbian Veterinary Society
– Member of the Association of Microbiologists of Vojvodina
Participation in the scientific symposiums:
15 international symposia and 11 national symposia.
– English language active
– Romanian language passive
– Knowing the work on the computer (MS Office)
– Driver’s licence B category
Senior ResearchAssociate at the Department of Virology, Deputy of the Head of Department