Phone: + 381 21 4895 362;
Mobile: +381 64 818 5466
Fax: + 381 21 518 544
Born: 1974, Novi Sad, Republic of Serbia
Graduated at the Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, 1999, average grade: 8.50
Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, 2004
Field: Analytical determination of mycotoxins
Title: “A Contribution to the chromatographic determination of fumonisins B1 and B2 in corn”
Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, 2015
Field: Analytical determination of mycotoxins
Title: „A contribution to the determination and distribution of fumonisins in cereals and medicinal plants in Serbia”
- 1999 Research Student
- 2005 Research Assistant
- 2015 Research Associate
• Since 1999 Department for food and feed quality, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Novi Sad
Scientific and Research Work:
Published over 30 scientific and professional publications
Participated in national scientific and research projects
Basic Research interest:
- Analytical determination of toxic substances (mycotoxins), safety of food products of animal origin and animal feed, analytical methods such as Gas chromatography (GC), High-pressure Liquid chromatography (HPLC), Atomic Apsorption spectrometry (AAS), Spectrophotometry.
Main working and research activities:
- determination of mycotoxins in animal feed;
- determination of toxic elements in food products and animal feed;
- animal feed quality analysis
Chosen Publications: (5-10):
- Vukavić T., Vojinović-Miloradov M., Pavkov S., Đilas S.: Pesticide residues and polychhlorinated bipheyls in human colostrum – Seasonal variations in Yugoslavia a decade later. Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 215-218, 2003
- Abramović B., Jakšić S., Mašić Z.: Liquid chromatographic determination of fumonisins B1 and B2 in corn samples after reusable immunoaffinity column clean-up. Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society, 899-910, 2005
- Ćosić J., Vrandečić K., Jurković D., Abramović B., Jajić I., Jakšić S., Mycopopulation of cereals in Croatia, Chapter 4.1., E. Alexa, B. Abramović, J. Ćosić, (Eds.), Occurrence of fungi and mycotoxins in cereals and medicinal plants from Romania – Serbia – Croatia Area, 88-106, Timisoara, EUROBIT Publishing House, (2012).
- Abramović B., Jakšić S., Jajić I., Despotović V., Šojić D., Jovanović Lj., Ćosić J., Vrandečić K., Jurković D., Co-occurrence of Fumonisins and Deoxynivalenol in Wheat and Corn Harvested in Serbia, Chapter 5, E. Alexa, B. Abramović, J. Ćosić, (Eds.), Occurrence of Fungi and Mycotoxins in Cereals and Medicinal Plants from Romania-Serbia-Croatia Area, EUROBIT Publishing House, Timisoara, (2012) 124.
- Jakšić S., Abramović B., Jajić I., Živkov-Baloš M., Mihaljev Ž., Despotović V., Šojić D.: Co-occurrence of Fumonisins and Deoxynivalenol in Wheat and Maize Harvested in Serbia. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 1-7, 2012.
- Jajić I., Krstović S., Glamočić D., Jakšić S., Abramović B.: Validation of an HPLC method for the determination of amino acids in feed. Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society, 78, 6, 839-850, 2013.
- Mihaljev Ž., Živkov-Baloš M., Ćupić Ž., Jakšić S.: Levels of some microelements and essential metals in different herbal teas in Serbia, Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica, vol. 71 issue 3. 385-391, 2014.
- Mihaljev Željko A., Ćupić Željko N., Živkov-Baloš Milica M., Jakšić Sandra M.: Levels of macroelements and toxic elements in herbal teas, Hemijska industija, 69 (2) 143-153, 2015.DOI:10.2298/HEMIND130424029M
- Jakšić S., Živkov-Baloš M., Mihaljev Ž., Mašić Z., Jajić I., Banić N., Abramović B.: Extraction without Organic Solvents in the Determination of Fumonisins B1, B2, and B3 in Maize by HPLC–FLD and ELISA Tests, Food Anal. Meth., 8: 1446-1455, 2015. DOI 10.1007/s12161-014-0030-5
- Petrović J., Babić J., Jakšić S., Kartalović B., Ljubojević D., Ćirković M.: Fish Product-Borne Histamine Intoxication Outbreak and Survey of Imported Fish and Fish Products in Serbia, Journal of Food Protection, 79 (1), 90-94, 2016.
Projects of Secretary for Environmental Protection and Improvement of the Enviroment of the City of Novi Sad
- Enviromental contamination bioindicators analysis on the area of Novi Sad: Project number I-3-501-1/2001-37. Project leader dr. Ranko Kljajić, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”
- Examination of the food safety on the area of Novi Sad. Record no. 1-3501-10013/2001. Project leader Dr. Zoran Mašić
Projects of Ministry of Science, Technology and Development of the Republic of Serbia
- Development of new and improvement of the existing analytical methods and techniques for monitoring the quality of the environment. Novi Sad, Faculty of natural sciences and mathematics, Coordinator Dr. Ferenc Gaal, Faculty of Sciences, 2002.
- Production of new means for preventing intoxication and treatment of metabolic disorders in animals. BTR.5.05.4335.B, Coordinator dr. Zoran Mašić, Novi Sad, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, 2001-2004.
- Improvement of technology process in cattle and pig breeding farm by implementation of risk assessment and HACCP system: Project number TR-6810B. Coordinator dr. Ranko Kljajić, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, 2005-2007.
- Hazard analysis in poultry production by applying critical control points: Project number TR-6811B. Coordinator dr. Dušan Orlić, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, 2005-2007.
- Control of biohazard agents on farms and implementation of biotechnology procedures with the aim to reduce risks in food safety system and provide safe disposal of animal waste. Project no. 20133, project coordinator dr. Branka Vidić, 2008-2011.
- Development of new and improvement of the existing analytical methods and techniques for monitoring quality of the enviroment. ON 142029. Project coordinator Dr. Biljana Abramović, Faculty of Sciences, 2006-2010.
- The study of pharmacological properties of antimicrobial agents, introduction of new technological solutions and alternative methods of prophylaxis in order to improve the control of infectious diseases of domestic animals, project no. TP 031071, 2011-2016. Project coordinator: Dr. Dubravka Milanov, Novi Sad, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”.
- Development of methods for monitoring and removal of biologically active substances in order to improve the quality of the environment, Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, 172042 Project coordinator Dr. Biljana Abramović, 2011-2016.
Projects of Ministry of Science, Technology and Development of the Republic of Yugoslavia
- Examination of waste water in facilities for production of food and suggestions for the primary treatments with the aim to protect natural recipients. Dr. Slavica Košarčić, Record No. 4/1-02-013/02-1 Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, 2003-2004.
Projects of Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia
- Investigations in order to make improvement and protection of animal health and reproduction, safety of food of animal origin and feed safety – 12М15 (1996 – 2000) Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Project leader Dr. Zoran Mašić.
Project of Provincial Secretary for Science and Technological Development
- Hazard analysis, risk assessment and identification of critical control measures for food production in animal breeding farms in AP Vojvodina. Record No. 114-451-00536/2005-01; 114-451-00939/2006-03, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Coordinator dr. Jelena Petrović (2005-2006)
- Determination of antibiotic residues in honey by using the screening method and high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). Record No. 114-451-1263/2014-01, Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Coordinator dr. Milica Živkov-Baloš (2014-2015).
Participation at the Scientific Symposia:
- 29 international symposium
- 11 national symposia
Membership in Scientific and Professional Associations:
- Serbian Association of Chemists
- Association of Chemists in Vojvodina
- Qualitas education Q14/ISO 17025- Measurement Uncertainty, Center for Education Belgrade, 10-11.04.2003.
- Methods validation – Association of the Chemical Engineers of Serbia – AchE, 18.03.2009.
- Training for Internal Auditor according to ISO 19011, 08.04.2011. BIO VUKAZ, Scientific Veterinary Institute, Novi Sad.
- JRC, European Commission and Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements: Train Mic: Principles and application of metrology in chemistry, in cooperation with: the Republic of Serbia, Ministry of Economy and Regional Development, Directorate of Measures and Precious Metals, – 13.-15. 04.2011. Accreditation Board of Serbia, Belgrade.
- Twinning Project “Capacity Building of the Directorate for National Reference Laboratories,” ISO 17025 criteria – organization, management, quality systems, personnel, accommodation, equipment, supplies and services, testing methods, validation tests, sample processing, data management, reporting, subcontracting, complaint – 08.09.2011. Directorate for National Reference Laboratories, Belgrade.
- Twinning Project “Capacity Building of the Directorate for National Reference Laboratories” workshop: Test and Measurement Uncertainty review GC / MS and LC / MS assay – 01.12.2011. Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology, Belgrade.
- „Accreditation-link in the chain of production of safe food and clean drinking water“, Representatives of the Ministry of Agriculture, Trade, Forestry and Water Management and the Ministry of Health, ATS in cooperation with the Serbian Chamber of Commerce and consumer associations, Belgrade, 08.06.2012.
- Training in Metrology in Chemistry: Principles and application of metrology in chemistry, Name of the organizer: Department of precious metals and the Accreditation Body of Serbia, Accreditation Board of Serbia, Belgrade, 12-13.12.2012.
- Training for Internal Auditor according to ISO 17025, Name of the organizer: Faculty of Technology, Novi Sad, Faculty of Technology, Нови Сад, 26-27.01.2013.
- Workshop “Analysis of food and feed contaminants – The legal and the scientific framework behind including method validation and measurement uncertainty”, European Commission Joint Research Centre Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements, Zagreb, Croatia, 24-26 September 2014.
- Mycotoxine in Various Food Matrix (Mikotoksini u različitim uzorcima hrane) Dr Daniel McMillan, Sciex, prof. dr Rudolph Krska, IFA Tulin, Dr Jens Dahlmann, Sciex SuperLab, Beograd; prof dr Dragan Glamočić, savetnik predsednika vlade; Prof dr Feren Bagi, Poljoprivredni fakultet Novi Sad; NIV Srbije, SuperLab Institut, Београд, 10.11.2015.
- Интерна контрола и верификација перформанси опреме у складу са захтевима стандарда ISO/IEC 17025:2006 Савез хемијских инжењера Србије, Технолошко-металуршки факултет, Београд, 17-18.11.2015.
- Određivanje emergentnih i WFD prioritetnih zagađujućih supstanci primenom HPLC, Mreža za edukaciju i trening u javnim laboratorijama u oblasti životne sredine, 530554-TEMPUS -1-2012-1-SK-JPHES, Novi Sad 08.-12.02.2016.
- English, active
- Russian, passive
- Research Assistant, Department for Feed Examination
Current Work Contact Details:
Sandra Jaksic, B.Sc. in chemistry, M.Sc., PhD
Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”
Rumenacki put 20
21000 Novi Sad, Serbia
tel +381 21 4895 300
mobile +381 64 818 5466