Ph. D. SAVA M. LAZIC, Principal Research Fellow
Born: June 11, 1959 Čurug, Municipality Žabalj, Republic of Serbia
Scientific field: Microbiology and Contagious Diseases – Immunology and Virology, Quality Control of Immunobiology Means Used in Veterinary Medicine.
Graduated at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, 1983.Average grade 9.69
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, 1990.
Title: “Comparative examination of immunoglobuline G concentration and neutralizing antibodies for bovine herpesvirus-1 in blood sera pregnat cows, calves and in colostrum”
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, 1993.
Title: “Comparative examination of humoral immune response of cows in high pregnacy and of their calves vaccinated with there different anti BHV-1 vaccines”.
- 1994 Research Fellow
- 1999 Senior Research Fellow
- 2001 Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Agriculture in Novi Sad, Department for Veterinary Medicine, subject: Immunology
- 2004 Principal Research Fellow
- 2006 Associated Professor at the Faculty of Agriculture in Novi Sad, Department for Veterinary Medicine.
- 1983 – 1987 Veterinary Dispensary in Čurug,
- 1984 Director of Veterinary Dispensary,
- since 1987 at the Scientific Veterinary Institute “Novi Sad”, Novi Sad (head if the Institute for Laboratory Investigations, head of Virology Department, chairman of the Scientific Board)
Scientific and Research Work:
Published 210 research papers
Patent: Procedure for fetal calve serum production and serum obtained trought (FTS PPostupak za dobijanje fetalnog telećeg seruma i serum dobijen putem (FTS P 46/1996)
Participated in 4 scientific and research projects.
Project leader for 9 scientific and research projects.
Participated in one international Project: “A European Network for Enviromental and Food Virology(ENVIRONET)”, record number: COST ACTION/TC: 929
- since 2000 Expert of the Federal Ministry for Agriculture, field: Contagius Animal Diseases
- expert of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Waterpower Engineering; field: Animal Transmissive Encephalopaty
Participation at the Scientific Symposia:
- 18 international symposia
- 8 national simposia
- O.I.E. organized training: “Veterinary Biologics Training Program”, Institute for International Cooperation in Animal Biologics, the United States Department of Agriculture, and Iowa State University Ames, Iowa, USA, May 2002.
- Visited several Institution as part of research studies (Veterinary Academy and Central Veterinary Institute, Budapest, Hungary; Research Laboratory of Hoechst Roussel Vet in Frankfurt, Germany; Veterinary Faculty in Utrecht, Sweden)
Membership in Scientific and Professional Associations:
- President of Veterinarian Branch Association in Southern Bačka
- Prezident of Veterinarian Hipologists in Yugoslavia
- Yugoslav Society of Microbiologists
- Academi of Veterinary Medicine of Serb Veterinary Society
- English, active